Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do ypu see with this expression is ?
Screenshot_20220208-100345_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
It cost $465 XD. I knew I should've bought him when it first came out but I was initially turned off by the assembly required. That and hearing that you needed to buy a separate 1/6 head sculpt as the one it comes with is too big. Thankfully I was able to get the helmet on mine perfectly without having to change the default head it comes with. Just had to apply light pressure on the mask and helmet when applying them.
View attachment 560009View attachment 560008
Haven't seen another listing for Hunk online since I bought mine, so I like to think that I made the right choice :)
Did you mess with the pants cuff at all? Thinking about doing that with my Hunk and Leon as well, man they're fun figures.
Any help , or anything you see wrong please let me know . Getting a Marvin made up here's what the artist did so far. Thanks View attachment 561189View attachment 561190
Actually, now that I look at it I think the eyebrows are off in the sculpt too, like the arch should be less prominent, and the inner brow should be raised more. The nose is a bit too fat around the tip area. Eye bags might be a bit too much too but I need to have an on hand image of Marvin in higher quality. It's still a good sculpt/model, and it still looks like Marvin, but little details like that make all the difference. Did you ask him to close the mouth yet?

Man just want to say project A your collection is ******* badass I'm so blown away with all of your figs amazing work how would say swtoys is was wondering since I wanted to pre-order their ethan winters that should be coming out soon and I saw that you seem to own a couple of theirs your thoughts?

What does everyone think? What should be changed ? So far I say the hairline still
View attachment 562234View attachment 562237
View attachment 562235
View attachment 562239
I think he nailed it this time, i see what you mean with the hairline, it's more around the temples where it looks incorrect, but it's very slight. I think he fixed everything else. Was gonna say the nose again, but with these new photos, I'd say he got it as close as you can and it might be lighting changes it drastically.

What does everyone think? What should be changed ? So far I say the hairline still
View attachment 562234

morganstark.gif

I'd say the area that still needs the most work is the lips. He's got a pouty, pursed look and the exaggerated corners read like a stifled smile. This is probably the result of using the few images of the actor that are available online, all of which are professional headshots where he's very much doing the Zoolander Blue Steel. If the artist needs more neutral images of him, I see he's got a youtube vlog you could peruse.

But if the artist is receptive to specific feedback:

- Overall the lips appear quite flat. The mouth should curl gradually around the U-shape of the teeth. When you purse your lips, the bulk of the movement is done by the modioli muscles in the corners, which has a flattening effect, so when the sculpt is flat, it can have this unintended result.

- The lower lip very rarely juts out further than the upper lip, as it appears to do in this sculpt. Looking at photos of Levar, he's no exception to this rule. This is also clearly the case for the in-game Marvin model, too. If anything it almost looks like the character artists at Capcom have given him more volume in his upper lip than the scan actor has in real life, but that could be a result of the facial animation capture being done by a different actor. (From this comparison we can also see that the angle of the philtrum could do with some tweaking, too).

Lips.jpg

- The lower lip cornice is terminating too early. It should meet the upper lip at the corner, but because here the upper lip cornice is wider than the lower cornice, it gives the lip corner this curled, smile-like look. Again, I can see why it's sculpted this way looking at those headshots of Levar where he's pursing his lips, but it's not actually what his resting anatomy is. Levar actually has quite the volume to his lower lip cornice, which I've outlined here:

LipCornice.jpg

Man just want to say project A your collection is ******* badass I'm so blown away with all of your figs amazing work how would say swtoys is was wondering since I wanted to pre-order their ethan winters that should be coming out soon and I saw that you seem to own a couple of theirs your thoughts?
Thank you so much! I don’t mind swtoys pretty decent figures and the can’t beat the price for 3rd party figures imo. The clothing can be pretty good, with some decent accessories but it all comes down to their okay to meh headsculpts. The thing with swtoys or any other figure even 3rd party you’ll never know if it’ll be one of those figures that will be hard to find later and you’ll either pay more for it or it’ll be long sold out example: STARS Jill and Rebecca. If you really like the character I would just get the whole regret thing later.

Thank you so much! I don’t mind swtoys pretty decent figures and the can’t beat the price for 3rd party figures imo. The clothing can be pretty good, with some decent accessories but it all comes down to their okay to meh headsculpts. The thing with swtoys or any other figure even 3rd party you’ll never know if it’ll be one of those figures that will be hard to find later and you’ll either pay more for it or it’ll be long sold out example: STARS Jill and Rebecca. If you really like the character I would just get the whole regret thing later.
Yeah I once saw on ebay the sw toys Rebecca chambers 1.0 was going for like 500 to 600 bucks I was shocked but the 2.0 is like 150 to 170 I think its crazy anyway thanks for the tip I'll end up getting Mr winters now so I don't regret it later

Yeah I once saw on ebay the sw toys Rebecca chambers 1.0 was going for like 500 to 600 bucks I was shocked but the 2.0 is like 150 to 170 I think its crazy anyway thanks for the tip I'll end up getting Mr winters now so I don't regret it later
there's a 2.0?

View attachment 560174
I would recommend her if you like the character/movie great figure clothing/accessories etc but the headsculpt is meh..: better than the re1 Alice one that sculpt is awful! But I swapped the the Swtoys for the HT one. Hopefully apocalypse is next since I just need the gear for my second apocalypse custom.
Thanks I barley saw your response and I did end up getting her she looks great in person

Back