Resident Evil 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well no one likes RE: extinction. So saying he hates it won't mean anything.

Most people tolerate Apocalypse and say it's one of the better ones, so he's bitter because he didn't direct it.

I love them all. Apocalypse was my least favorite, Afterlife my favorite. I actually quite liked Extinction, too. I enjoy things differently than a lot of people so I was able to see these in a way that works for me.

Well no one likes RE: extinction. So saying he hates it won't mean anything.

Most people tolerate Apocalypse and say it's one of the better ones, so he's bitter because he didn't direct it.

That's actually something I am really glad about. If he did direct it, it would have been a really big mess of a movie. It would have probably been awful :lol

I love them all. Apocalypse was my least favorite, Afterlife my favorite. I actually quite liked Extinction, too. I enjoy things differently than a lot of people so I was able to see these in a way that works for me.

I like em all as well. Extinction just tends to be at the bottom of most people's list. Afterlife is my favorite too :hi5:

That's actually something I am really glad about. If he did direct it, it would have been a really big mess of a movie. It would have probably been awful :lol

Eh it might have been shot a little better, Paul does have an eye for action, and when he wants to can pull of some decently looking spectacle. That's one of Apocalypses bigger downfalls. Too much of the action and fight scenes consist of that close in shakey cam where you can't see what's going on.

With Paul we would have been able to see it...especially since it would have all been in slow motion :lol

you guys are nuts lol :lol

For me Afterlife is the worst of the franchise,
and also the worst movie in Paul WS Anderson's career. (worst than Alien Vs Predator actually) :monkey1

Well, they're all pretty bad. I won't ever say they're "good" movies or anything, just that I like them. :lol

And I don't know about worst...His three musketeers movie was pretty bad... Even Christoph Waltz couldn't save that PoS.

I don't mind people liking these movies, like some of the movie Nazi's here.

I would enjoy them too...if they didn't look look so cheap and lousy. Meh.

you guys are nuts lol :lol

For me Afterlife is the worst of the franchise,
and also the worst movie in Paul WS Anderson's career. (worst than Alien Vs Predator actually) :monkey1

I dunno there i watched all the Re films imo the Aliens Vs Predator is his worst that movie pissed me off.

The last one was pretty well shot though. The zombies in the water looked pretty cool when they killed the chick from fast and furious.

The last one was pretty well shot though. The zombies in the water looked pretty cool when they killed the chick from fast and furious.

oh yea the swimming zombies how can i forget honestly didn't pay attention to how the movie was shot.

I did. And it was quite awful. I know Anderson isn't the best, but he can do better then that. The film was visually bad.

The final fight was OK. It was clear, which was nice. But the 3D cameras he's using have terrible visual quality.

Maybe Anderson should just stick to directing he cant write for **** .
I only can think of one film,i enjoyed one of his ,which was Mortal Kombat.
But even now trying to watch it in 2013 it don't hold up.

Afterlife seemed to have pretty crisp picture, and the 3D was actually pretty well utilized. Perhaps he had to use a cheaper 3D camera for Retribution due to budget constraints.

They really wanted to showoff the avatar 3d. It was all over the trailers.:lol

Afterlife seemed to have pretty crisp picture, and the 3D was actually pretty well utilized. Perhaps he had to use a cheaper 3D camera for Retribution due to budget constraints.

The frame rate was kinda off, and the whole movie seemed pretty lifeless. There wasn't much in terms of lighting.

Especially at the end. The whole white room could've been a stunning set. But it ended up looking cheap and ****y due to the sloppy camera work.

I still love Mortal Kombat, it's fun :lol

I don't watch any of his films for the writing :lol

One of my favorite 'fun' movies. That's exactly why I love RE. I just love how fun they are. I can pop them in for entertainment and it's always enjoyable, for me.

The frame rate was kinda off, and the whole movie seemed pretty lifeless. There wasn't much in terms of lighting.

Especially at the end. The whole white room could've been a stunning set. But it ended up looking cheap and ****y due to the sloppy camera work.

I dunno...guess my eyes work differently :lol

I think the sloppy camera work comes from them trying to recreate the fight scene from RE5. It's all done in one fluid motion and take. Because they're digital characters, and they used a digital camera, it was easy for the game creators. Paul and Co tried to replicate that, not as easy in their case. I give them credit for trying.

One of my favorite 'fun' movies. That's exactly why I love RE. I just love how fun they are. I can pop them in for entertainment and it's always enjoyable, for me.

Yeah, they're fun movies. I love popping them in to either watch, or just have them running in the background while I'm working. Either way works for me.

Maybe Anderson should just stick to directing he cant write for **** .
I only can think of one film,i enjoyed one of his ,which was Mortal Kombat.
But even now trying to watch it in 2013 it don't hold up.

I seriously wish someone told him that. I wish he focused on directing. He is Really Good at that. He is good. I will not deny his movies look really good most of the time.

As a Writer I am surprised he gets any work at all.

That's true for Resident Evil 1,2,3 and 5.
they are mindless dumb fun. But for me RE 4 was so dull and boring. Literally nothing happens for most of it. Alice goes to "Arcadia" Alice goes to jail. We meet a bunch of nobodies. Alice goes to boat, Alice fights Wesker.
Like, you could almost go from 3 to 5 and not miss anything (except the clones dying)
There is nothing in Afterlife that really means anything for the franchise overall.
Im all for stupid fun movies, but RE Afterlife wasn't even that. :dunno That's just how I Saw it, it was so boring.

RE 5 is pointless too but at least he added cool stuff. I guess at least he tried to make it over the top.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not you then. This way, I was able to enjoy it. :D

And I loved RE 5. I'm just one of those people who connected with the films and can truly enjoy them. Which is why I was happy to create this thread. To come in here and talk positively about something I like. Not waste my time coming into a thread where I don't care about the films and talking about how much I dislike them. I have a life keeping me from doing stuff like that. :yess:

Back