Media Resident Evil 4 - 5 - 6 (PS4 / XBONE)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like a lot of boss fights in RE0 aren't built up at all and come literally out of nowhere. They aren't the hardest in the series, more annoying then anything due to tactics or things.

The one i've had definitely fits the bill, but still, enjoying the game quite a bit. Look is amazing, and enjoy the backstory on some of the characters

Outside of the final two boss battles, the rest are just big things that already exist and have no characteristic of any of the rest of the monsters from the series. At least Yawn was ****ed up looking and Plant 42 was a huge mutated looking plant that didn't look like one you'd see anywhere and you can immediately tell it's a monster where as the centipede and the rest of the stuff in Zero just looks like animals on growth hormones.

The Eliminators are the most annoying enemy in Zero. The Leech Men you can just run away from, but they're so poorly programmed and take no hit stun.

The one i've had definitely fits the bill, but still, enjoying the game quite a bit. Look is amazing, and enjoy the backstory on some of the characters

It giving details about things prior to the mansion are the only good part of it's "story." But I truly dislike how there's no real story going on within Billy and Rebecca's journey. You go through the motions and there's literally no plot happening until the very end and there's no clear reason as to why they're doing what they're doing at all. The only real story I'd say that goes on is Wesker and Birkin having the most boring Friday night watching monitors.

Elminators are pretty much the game's hunters...with the actual hunters being nerfed beyond belief. You can handgun most of them - with Rebecca no less - and be totally fine.

Story, I feel like what happened with Wesker and Birkin is a missed opportunity big time. It would have been great to see their relationship more since he respected Birkin surprisingly and perhaps elaborate on his take on the plans

Birkin was his only real "friend." In Wesker Report II, you find out him and Birkin have been working at the Mansion since the late 70s.

I think he was actually sad or something in response to Birkin's death. I know he wasn't pleased at all.

Kinda stuck in the 2nd main area. Couple locked doors. One with the candle lamp that's out *next to a pic of a guy holding a candle and it's on*
Looking for the white statue's back pieces to balance scale

I assume I am missing something obvious

Update: yup, I am an idiot. This whole time I've had the lighter fluid, and completely forgetting that the main dude already has a lighter in his personal inventory. LOL. Oh man........yup statue of the one doc just opened/

Last edited:
Just got these in the mail and can't wait to try them out, I haven't played RE5 since I rented in once in 2009.

29977146165_75df2ae462_c.jpg

After a few hours with RE4, I'm kinda left disappointed. There's this lazy gaussian blur over the upscaled fonts (such as the save menu) and no anti aliasing leaves the whole game with a shimmering effect. The "new" textures don't look great slapped on old polygons and everything looks unnecessarily fake compared to the Gamecube version.

There's a motion blur option which should have really helped the game retain the atmosphere, but it's poorly implemented and looks like Vaseline smeared onto your screen. The audio is also appalling, with no discreet ambient surround effects and the custcenes are in stereo.

Finally, the controls is awkwardly stiff. They tweaked the controls without having the options to use the original GC/PS2 control scheme and it requires a lot of getting used to.

All in all, it's a step up from the PS3 version but to really have the definitive RE4, you'll still have to hook up your Gamecube/Wii via component cables to a CRT monitor for best results. It's not a bad port mind you, just an okay one.

Minor correction: The game DOES have the original control scheme, it's much better than the updates ones imo.

Glad I didn't buy it for a fourth time then :lol

Eh, it's alright, at the end of the day. It's certainly no TLOU/Uncharted remaster. If you want the 1080p/60fps with slightly better textures, get it when it's cheap. If not, stick with the GC/Wii version. No platinum trophy sucks too.

To correct Ryan: The definitive edition of RE4 is the Wii with what he said in mind, because I believe GC RE4 is always in letter box format. And of course lacks the bonus content. RE4 on Wii does not lack any of this and was noted to be sharper/better looking then the GC version. :lecture

Also I think Pliss sold his GC anyway :lol

**** those things. They're the most annoying Hunter level monster in the series. They're also poorly programmed and have little or no knockback at times, and will run through shotgun blasts and punch you in the balls.

Why monkeys though? Why did Umbrella think that was a good idea? :cuckoo:

I mean....they sorta are.....but **** those things! Hunters are way cooler anyway!!!

Back