Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the usual immediate negativity always stems from people who didn't order, had no interest and/or had to cancel and just want to feel good about not getting it.

I'm holding out judgement until I have it in hand, but I am not impressed with that picture either. BUT... I've seen plenty of crap pictures in my time. I can only hope its better.

For the record, I didn't order him, you are right there. Also, you are quite correct, I never usually pass judgement on an SS figure till I have it in hand either...or have at least seen it in person. For some reason though, Belloq just doesn't cut it for me and hasn't in any of the pics...even the proto shots. I just don't see Paul Freeman in the sculpt and, in this shot from Toy World HK, all I can seem to see is Kolchak, from the old Night Stalker TV series. The suit really looks bad to me as well. It looks kind of like the saem material that ANH Luke's tunic is made out of. The pant legs look way to tight too. Of course he does need some futzing...definitely needs that suit ironed. Hopfully it's just another case of bad photography/lighting/etc. We've all seen plenty of that. Anyway, I hope this is the case and he does turn out decent, but as of now I certainly don't regret passing on this one.

Found this image on Toy-World.com.HK. Can't say that I am too impressed with Belloq:

20090208_fc6804d30371e36baf07qh7wbHjCVNwQ.jpg

The suit looks kind of crappy IMO. The Idol pedestal looks pretty nice though.

After seeing this I'm glad I had to cancel my order.

Looks like a Marionette from The Thunderbirds. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I wish to heck they would have sold the pedestal separate like they did the chess set for Star Wars. I really wanted that pedestal.

I don't like passing judgment before we get decent in-hand photos, but I didn't like this as the prototype, and it looks worse in every way in the picture above. :sick I hope it'll look better after some futzing for you guys who have ordered it.

To me the thing thats throwing him off the most is the hat. It's too big and has a different shape.
20090208_fc6804d30371e36baf07qh7wbHjCVNwQ.jpg
250px-Belloq.jpg

Also, as I remember from the film, he always wore it tilted to the side slighlty and not straight.
The pedestal is great and I'm still getting the figure anyway.

He looks pretty decent to me. I may actually take some of my tax return and try to get the Ex somehow.

I am nothing other than stoked on this one... can't wait to get mine in hand... want to get at least one more if not two to do some custom Belloqs.. a jungle gear Belloq is a MUST

I think the hat is probably a smidge too big which is why they should go with two head sculpts for any head/hat combo.

Back