removing head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calimerocore

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey,
I want to know if its possible to remove (for example) the head of Jason Part 1 or 2 ?

(I just tried it, but I can´t get his head off and I won´t break sth.)

if I remove it, I have to remove the head with the articulation?! or?
and than I need a new head-articulation to put me new on it?!

:confused:

Submerge the head in Hot Water for about 20 seconds or more. This will soften the head a bit and you should have no problem taking off the head of a sideshow figure. I have done it with Jason from part 2 so I can put the head on a Hot Toys body. Don't stress it too much.

You can also use an hairblower, when the head is a little softer gently pull it of - not the articulation. (maybe too loud at time in the night)

Take your time and it will work :)

Submerge the head in Hot Water for about 20 seconds or more. This will soften the head a bit and you should have no problem taking off the head of a sideshow figure. I have done it with Jason from part 2 so I can put the head on a Hot Toys body. Don't stress it too much.

THX.
but the head of Jason Part 2 is hard like a stone :rotfl

P.S. THX to the others for helping :peace

I've been thinking about doing the same when I find a part 2 again, can you please post pics? Did it make a big difference?

Thanks.

Yeah, just keep trying. It was really hard for me too.
And to Terminator, for me it made a big difference. Better poses and I switched out the sideshow shows with the Saturday Toys boots so I'm able to bend the feet sideways. I'll post pics in a few.

if you are gonna put the head on a different body you could just try breaking the sideshow body to get the head off. unless you are trying to save the body.

The water has to be extremely hot... like almost boiling. And just leave it in there for a long time, come back and it should pop off easily. The Part II head is pretty solid, so it needs the extreme heat. But be aware, the hair might come off... happened to me.

Man, that sucks. They put that suckers on pretty damn good huh?.

Sorry for the rough time, maybe try the hair dryer?

Hope you get to pop it off soon.

What I usually do for Sideshow figures is, Let the water boil for a bit then I put the head in for a while sometimes a long while just keep checking making sure the paint or head dont get messed up (never happend but better safe than sorry) then I use a butter knife and gently put it in between the head and neck part and gently try to pry it off if the head has been in the water long enough it usually pops off. I hope that makes sence.

What I usually do for Sideshow figures is, Let the water boil for a bit then I put the head in for a while sometimes a long while just keep checking making sure the paint or head dont get messed up (never happend but better safe than sorry) then I use a butter knife and gently put it in between the head and neck part and gently try to pry it off if the head has been in the water long enough it usually pops off. I hope that makes sence.

Yes it makes perfect sense, this is how i've done every single Sideshow head except i've always been successful with a hair dryer.

Here some pics Terminator....
DSC01148.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

Dude that looks so much better, especially in the legs! He's got more of a mature male look to him compared to the typical stickman sideshow body. The thing is I REALLY want to do this to my Jason 4 and 6 but have never seen either of the 2 taken apart, are they similar to the Jason 2?

Very nice and thanks for sharing :)

I've had more success with the hairdryer method. The paint will get hot and might stick to the clothing, so take the clothes off first. Lay the body flat on the counter and use the hairdryer pointed at the back of the neck. Let it blow on high for a good 60 seconds. You can try slowly rotating the neck as you heat it up. Then when you pull the head, try pulling it at an angle rather than straight upwards. Goodluck!

The water has to be extremely hot... like almost boiling. And just leave it in there for a long time, come back and it should pop off easily. The Part II head is pretty solid, so it needs the extreme heat. But be aware, the hair might come off... happened to me.

IT WORKED!

but "he" didnt loose any hair :)

THX TO EVERYBODY:monkey5

Back