removing head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cal
I know this is a little unusual, but I've had trouble with removing heads, so I used an optical frame air heater. I had one at my office for eyewear modifications. This baby gets hot enough to burn the skin on my hands after holding a piece to close for to long. This bad boy has never failed me yet.

Would holding a paint stripper/heater off & on to soften it work? Has anyone tried this? Wouldn't want to melt a head

Cal
I know this is a little unusual, but I've had trouble with removing heads, so I used an optical frame air heater. I had one at my office for eyewear modifications. This baby gets hot enough to burn the skin on my hands after holding a piece to close for to long. This bad boy has never failed me yet.

Would holding a paint stripper/heater off & on to soften it work? Has anyone tried this? Wouldn't want to melt a head

IT WORKED!

but "he" didnt loose any hair :)

THX TO EVERYBODY:monkey5

... i used hot boiled water ...

Here some pics Terminator....
DSC01148.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

these look awsome! i might have to try popping this! i ordered the part 2 figure recently for £14.99 so hope it comes soon. i planned to weather the overalls abit more, add some dry blood and muc and also dirty the sack too. but this body looks cool. so i might try the hairdryer method as mentioned in the thread and pop it on a hot toys body.

has any1 got pics to comapre the figure with the original sideshow body to the hot toys body version shown??

i take it, its worth swaping for quality and possability? i havent got my part 2 fig yet

Receipe pretty simple.
Body- Hot Toys True Type
Head, Sack.., Outfit and hands are from Sideshow Jason pt.2
Boots are from Saturday Toys

I used the Hot toys neck adapter to attach the head and the Hot Toys wrist pegs for the hands which both attached together with no problems. This was the fist time I tried to "weather/dirty" up the outfit.

That's pretty much it.

Receipe pretty simple.
Body- Hot Toys True Type
Head, Sack.., Outfit and hands are from Sideshow Jason pt.2
Boots are from Saturday Toys

I used the Hot toys neck adapter to attach the head and the Hot Toys wrist pegs for the hands which both attached together with no problems. This was the fist time I tried to "weather/dirty" up the outfit.

That's pretty much it.

superb pal, i migth have to invest in the extra parts then for mine. he looks amazing. much better frm the pics of the original part 2 figure i seen. i got mine on the way and iwas guna weather him, so wanted to knw about changing the bodys. might def be worth it after seeing yours.

and for the neck and hand pegs frm the hot toys, do they jst pop in to the sideshow hands and head with no trouble or other customizing??

nice job with the weathering aswel, did ya jst paint watered dwn brown paint on with a brush for the mud effect. cool tho!!

Just use a little pressure, but they just popped in place. Should not be any problems.

my part 2 finaly arrived 2day so guna get a ht body and the neck and wrist pegs and do the swap, then some weathering.

calvarenga, did u use the original piece of string that came with the mask on your bashed version? looks different to what is on my figure that came 2day.

need to get some new boots too.

I used what came with Jason. Should not be no different, maybe the way I tied it? I did however try to fix the "Sack Mask" to be a little more accurate(still working on it). It was too big right out the box and not right shape. Let us know how your swap goes.

I used what came with Jason. Should not be no different, maybe the way I tied it? I did however try to fix the "Sack Mask" to be a little more accurate(still working on it). It was too big right out the box and not right shape. Let us know how your swap goes.

i will do. once i get the ht body here ill do the swap. and yeah i agree the sack doesnt look right at all. i will prob wet it while its on the head and reshape it that way then stand to dry in shape.

did u jst water down some paint mixed in alittle water for the weathering on yours?? for the brown mud look??

I used Testors Acrylic "Dark Earth" color mix with a little bit of water for the mud effect on his clothes and boots.

ahah not yet, waiting to get a ht body very soon. i found some sat toys boots tho. did u use the feet that come with original part 2 figure? and then jst put the ht pegs in em like the hand ?

Nope, I used the feet that came with the TT body. Kinda tough to get in at first. But after doing it many times, you get to find your own way to get it in. Can't wait to see pics

Back