Removing Buck Heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j14

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have Old Ben on a broken Sideshow buck body and I'm looking to swap his head onto a new body.

Does the "immerse head in hot water trick" apply here?

Is there anyway it could damage the head?

With brute force and ignorance I managed to rip Yavin Luke's head clean off the body thus rendering it useless, I don't want the same to happen to Ben.

Thanks,

Jay.

yep...........sometimes called the boil & pop method.............:lecture

I used to use a hair dryer, but honestly the boil and pop is so much easier and quicker. But, having said that if I don't want to undress the figure I'll still use a hair dryer.

you know what i do..once i get the heads off? i remove the spring and the little washer things...add in my own, bigger washer(so it doesnt fall in the hole in the body)...then i put back the other washer and the spring,etc..tighten it all up...and pop the head/neck back on...ive had so many issues trying to get the neck/head back on the standard way..always trying to pry it under the stock washer, etc....this new way helps with that...it gives it that extra bit of clearance that it pops right back on....

Back