Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ww axe started to slip downward slowly so when I moved her to another shelve it just about fell and exploded on the floor. But I was saved this time for all my many good things I've done and it did scare the crap outta me big time. Lesson learn now. No magnets for downward attachments equal high risk of breakage over time. Might as well write a warning sign to remind myself the next time I move this again. Maybe put a rubberband around it to hold it in place like the fragile galactus silver surfer which kept falling down. Better safe than sorry. If something happens to my beautiful ww I know it's impossible to get another with all the QC issues out there.hope RS will be magnets. Must cost more for magnets. Why was it not used on ww?
I put rubber bands on all my statues. You'd have to be an idiot not to.

I've learned to try and ignore all the pessimism. Other wise it takes away from talking to people on the forum. If you were to try and react to it all you'd need a another set of hands to help type all the posts.

That's some good advice. Guess it is worth a shot!

Also, for anyone thats been out of the loop, the final trade paperback of Gail Simone's Red Sonja run just released. It's in my opinion without a doubt the best Sonja story yet. It's a fun read and if you're buying this statue, you'd probably like it. The art is great too, particularly Jenny Frison's cover work.

I'm amazed at how you can predict the quality of a statue a year before release :wink1:

you miss my point.

There have been many collectors on here, fb, and the other board who have said that they will simply pay to have the statue repainted if it is not to their liking. That is what I find bewildering at this price point.

you miss my point.

There have been many collectors on here, fb, and the other board who have said that they will simply pay to have the statue repainted if it is not to their liking. That is what I find bewildering at this price point.

I can understand that line of thinking but at the same time there are people out there willing to pay for Prototypez new unpainted kit's and statue's in 1/4 scale at over $400 a pop and have them built up and painted as well. So I guess it just comes down to how much people are willing to pay for a sculpt they really like.

To me if you have to have it repainted, unless you're like Kamandi and can do it yourself, it's way over priced, but that's me.

you miss my point.

Fair play. $550 plus postage and V.A.T is my limit and it better be good out the box.
RPs will help me buy but at this price point I'm out the SS 1:4 game.

I want this statue to blow away everyone including the competition. I want it to show the statue collecting world that Sideshow is king for a reason. If the paint apps are 90% close, they will do exactly that. It will be worth ever penny.

Having said all that, I will wait on the sidelines to see what happens 1-2 years from now. It will either be a miss like the first one...or not.

I want this statue to blow away everyone including the competition. I want it to show the statue collecting world that Sideshow is king for a reason. If the paint apps are 90% close, they will do exactly that. It will be worth ever penny.

Having said all that, I will wait on the sidelines to see what happens 1-2 years from now. It will either be a miss like the first one...or not.

If I was guaranteed a proto quality production piece, I think I would PO just out of principle :lol

If I was guaranteed a proto quality production piece, I think I would PO just out of principle :lol

Man I love SS prototypes. But I have collected a lot of companies and SS is by far the most inconsistent. When I order something I assume its about 50/50 that I will get something that looks like the prototype. If I felt comfortable I would receive what was shown I would have more orders on the books. At this point I'm starting to wait more for in hand pics.

Man I love SS prototypes. But I have collected a lot of companies and SS is by far the most inconsistent. When I order something I assume its about 50/50 that I will get something that looks like the prototype. If I felt comfortable I would receive what was shown I would have more orders on the books. At this point I'm starting to wait more for in hand pics.
See I can't say the same, granted I've only made 16 purchases from Sideshow in the last 4 years, though I do have 3 more coming before years end, and none have ever missed for me.

See I can't say the same, granted I've only made 16 purchases from Sideshow in the last 4 years, though I do have 3 more coming before years end, and none have ever missed for me.

I have probably 20, 25 SS pieces. I'd say my odds are more like 9 out of 10 are solid. And the Joker PF, which I stupidly sold, is about as good as you'll ever see.

I think expectations are tempered here because of what happened with the last Sonja.

Saying if they do make it right ss is not King it's Will Harbottle that's king. If he moves to another company then they will be king depends on where he goes along with the other kings Newman, steve, Tim etc..... If all these guys got together and open their own statue company then they will be king.

Over the years I've picked up 12 PFs and 7 of Sideshow's other statues and I've been absolutely fortunate to end up with only a googly eyed Maryjane. And I would have sent her back if I thought that was an option, but back then I was new to the statue game and thought you get what you get. Live with it. Ergo I still own that sexy goofy eyed MJ. But we all know the problems exist. We've all seen the horror images of people's messed up statues. I, like you, have been very lucky. And that's why I never wonder if my Sideshow piece is gonna suck. The trust is still there.

I guess we have all had different experiences and seems I drew the short stick.

X23 comq came with broken shoe laces and claws
Beast comq had reversed magnets so hand would not connect
Rogue PF had severe googly eyes, went through 3 replacements
Psylocke PF, lifeless paint which started to crack after a year
Spiderwoman PF, sloppy paint lines, broken hair and head would not fully fit into body leaving a gap
Spiderman Comq had several sloppy black paint lines and he had a stain on his eye
Sauron PF arrived with broken armor, terrible overspray effect, armor looked like plastic
Black Widow PF has slight googly eyes
Poison Ivy original had slight googly eyes, poor face paint app, broken vine
Dutch Shaefer and Mass Effect Sheppard had terrible skin effect when they tried applying the porous effect to them that we see here
The following 5 SW PF's lightsabers do not work (Yoda/Cone, Jedi Luke, Darth Maul, Anakin, A. Secura)
Life Size Vader Bust has googly eyes/lazy eye
Catwoman PF's body suit is now starting to speckle with little white marks
Red Sonja went to a tanning salon and got lifeless tesseract eyes
New Hulk PF has ugly neck seam and face paint does not match body paint
Emma Frost PF has slight googly eyes
Apocalypse PF came with rust and water damage
She Hulk PF has started a nastly lean
Superman PF has started to lean, not its a felt pad issue, more of a heavy cape issue
Batman PF had stupid armpit issue but I also hate the stomach pooch he has to accommodate his belt
Wonder Woman PF has a really mediocre paint app, her corset and undies have a flat paint, sloppy gauntlets and the column looks like cheap plastic

Well that's some of my history off the top of my head. On the Brightside I have received some terrific day one pieces such as Cyclops PF and Green Lantern, both still light nice and strong. Other good receipts have been Keaton Bats, Scarlet Witch PF, Storm PF, King Hulk, Gambit PF, Punisher Comq

I guess we have all had different experiences and seems I drew the short stick.

X23 comq came with broken shoe laces and claws
Beast comq had reversed magnets so hand would not connect
Rogue PF had severe googly eyes, went through 3 replacements
Psylocke PF, lifeless paint which started to crack after a year
Spiderwoman PF, sloppy paint lines, broken hair and head would not fully fit into body leaving a gap
Spiderman Comq had several sloppy black paint lines and he had a stain on his eye
Sauron PF arrived with broken armor, terrible overspray effect, armor looked like plastic
Black Widow PF has slight googly eyes
Poison Ivy original had slight googly eyes, poor face paint app, broken vine
Dutch Shaefer and Mass Effect Sheppard had terrible skin effect when they tried applying the porous effect to them that we see here
The following 5 SW PF's lightsabers do not work (Yoda/Cone, Jedi Luke, Darth Maul, Anakin, A. Secura)
Life Size Vader Bust has googly eyes/lazy eye
Catwoman PF's body suit is now starting to speckle with little white marks
Red Sonja went to a tanning salon and got lifeless tesseract eyes
New Hulk PF has ugly neck seam and face paint does not match body paint
Emma Frost PF has slight googly eyes
Apocalypse PF came with rust and water damage
She Hulk PF has started a nastly lean
Superman PF has started to lean, not its a felt pad issue, more of a heavy cape issue
Batman PF had stupid armpit issue but I also hate the stomach pooch he has to accommodate his belt
Wonder Woman PF has a really mediocre paint app, her corset and undies have a flat paint, sloppy gauntlets and the column looks like cheap plastic

Well that's some of my history off the top of my head. On the Brightside I have received some terrific day one pieces such as Cyclops PF and Green Lantern, both still light nice and strong. Other good receipts have been Keaton Bats, Scarlet Witch PF, Storm PF, King Hulk, Gambit PF, Punisher Comq

Wow the leaning is the worst will ss replace those since it's a factory fault that they used? XM would replace it like the bw for sure. Call them and see if they can help same with she hulk. Even if they have no parts they should be able to find a way to make it right. The leaning will mess up the statue the longer it leans.

Been away for a couple weeks, but I did notice this piece in my emails from SS. I'll be ordering 100%. No brainer for me. I have plenty of rewards points to get her and another piece for free. Most likely I'll split them between her, Vader, and maybe Jason. Still debating on that last one.

After that, I only have a few more pieces from Sideshow I want to collect as it is. The occasional Court of the Dead piece and some weta Middle Earth pieces and I'm pretty much done outside of maybe something that is too good to pass up that I didn't predict.

Can't wait for Sonja though. Best prototype I've seen since the XM Magneto.

Back