Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided when I first saw the digital sculpt if the paints don't deliver I'll strip it with Simple Green and load up my Iwata airbrush.

I continue to be amazed by how many people are a-ok with spending $600 for a statue with a mediocre paint job.

I was really excited when this was shown and couldn't wait to pre-order. The problem for me now is the price. I used to think this price level was reserved for statues like the Hulk, Apocalypse, Thanos, etc. - those big characters. Even if the paint job comes out stellar and everything comes out great, I have to really think about plunking down over half a grand. It is a lot of money. My most expensive pre-order is the Amazing Spiderman and my justification was that it is a character I loved since childhood and the pose was just dynamic. I have to think about this one.

Don't worry guys this will be painted by the 8 year olds instead of the 6 year olds so painting will be top of the line just like the prototype.

Even if it is, its easy enough to convert it to magnets. I haven't had a problem with my Wonder Woman but the second I do I'll convert mine to magnets instead.

My ww axe started to slip downward slowly so when I moved her to another shelve it just about fell and exploded on the floor. But I was saved this time for all my many good things I've done and it did scare the crap outta me big time. Lesson learn now. No magnets for downward attachments equal high risk of breakage over time. Might as well write a warning sign to remind myself the next time I move this again. Maybe put a rubberband around it to hold it in place like the fragile galactus silver surfer which kept falling down. Better safe than sorry. If something happens to my beautiful ww I know it's impossible to get another with all the QC issues out there.hope RS will be magnets. Must cost more for magnets. Why was it not used on ww?

Last edited:
Don't worry guys this will be painted by the 8 year olds instead of the 6 year olds so painting will be top of the line just like the prototype.

well that convinced me to place an order :yess:

scaredlaugh.gif.gif

Well at least they somewhat found a unique way to say the same thing that has been said 1000000000000000000 times already.

I swear, when reading forums dedicated to statue collecting, out of 100 posts I read at least half are some variant of 'The production piece will be crap'.

Some people need a new hobby. Learn how to knit or something. I can't imagine being that damn salty about something you're 'enjoying' being a part of.

I ordered within 10 minutes after the statue went up. I've been looking forward to this because I own another Harbottle statue I'm very happy with (Black Widow from CA:TWS by GG). The prototype making the convention rounds is spectacular.

Make no mistake though, I will view this statue with a critical eye a year from now. I do that with all of my purchases. When I spend a few hundred dollars I buy the right to b_tch.

I am prepared if need be to spend days with a toothbrush, rubber gloves and brake fluid stripping the paint off. I would rather it doesn't come to that. I can paint but detaching that hair worries me.

I ordered within 10 minutes after the statue went up. I've been looking forward to this because I own another Harbottle statue I'm very happy with (Black Widow from CA:TWS by GG). The prototype making the convention rounds is spectacular.

Make no mistake though, I will view this statue with a critical eye a year from now. I do that with all of my purchases. When I spend a few hundred dollars I buy the right to b_tch.

I am prepared if need be to spend days with a toothbrush, rubber gloves and brake fluid stripping the paint off. I would rather it doesn't come to that. I can paint but detaching that hair worries me.

It might be easiest to try and find a gap in the hair seam and try to pump some adhesive remover in there to detach it, if not then yeah it's gonna suck.

Well at least they somewhat found a unique way to say the same thing that has been said 1000000000000000000 times already.

I swear, when reading forums dedicated to statue collecting, out of 100 posts I read at least half are some variant of 'The production piece will be crap'.

Some people need a new hobby. Learn how to knit or something. I can't imagine being that damn salty about something you're 'enjoying' being a part of.

I've learned to try and ignore all the pessimism. Other wise it takes away from talking to people on the forum. If you were to try and react to it all you'd need a another set of hands to help type all the posts.

Back