Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your point? That it's hollow? Sideshow has always had hollow pieces. And the paint app looks identical to that pic. Things happen in shipping and pieces break. Such is life.

There's no point in filling this thread up with negatives already.

What is your point? That it's hollow? Sideshow has always had hollow pieces. And the paint app looks identical to that pic. Things happen in shipping and pieces break. Such is life.

There's no point in filling this thread up with negatives already.

Really... That is not what I was showing in that picture. Look at the piece again. I am not talking about oh look it broken I am talking about how cheap sideshow is by how little polystone they use. Look how thin the polystone is. It broken to do the polystone is as thin as 2 pieces of paper. Anything that thin would brake. It's not the UPS or shipping this time is sideshow being cheap. But hey if you think sideshow is the best of the best and this piece I showed in the piece broke because my UPS guy is playing football with my stuff these to make you feel better about your conan that I talked about the skin tone. Then your right. Sorry. I am wrong.

Oh god enough. **** breaks in transit. Have you seen some of those UPS/FedEx/whatever videos of workers jamming boxes and throwing them around? While SS has been guilty of less-than-stellar packaging, the fact of the matter is that boxes get the **** beaten out of them, and these are fragile statues and collectibles anyway.

Contrary to popular belief, everything isn't always Sideshow's fault. Now blow away.

Really... That is not what I was showing in that picture. Look at the piece again. I am not talking about oh look it broken I am talking about how cheap sideshow is by how little polystone they use. Look how thin the polystone is. It broken to do the polystone is as thin as 2 pieces of paper. Anything that thin would brake. It's not the UPS or shipping this time is sideshow being cheap. But hey if you think sideshow is the best of the best and this piece I showed in the piece broke because my UPS guy is playing football with my stuff these to make you feel better about your conan that I talked about the skin tone. Then your right. Sorry. I am wrong.

Thanks, I am glad you admit you are wrong.

:wave

I didn't read it that way and I don't think he meant it that way. I also agree, Mark Newman's female sculpts are impeccably beautiful.

Will is no slouch either :wink1:

Yeah, I definitely misread his post, but worded my reply as a question to give him the benefit of the doubt.
DarthChrisDK seems far too knowledgeable about the hobby not to be up on SS's sculptors! Plus, I blame his videos for my Darth Talon obsession.

Newman's my current fave as well, but unless he has something in store for us next year to wow us with, Harbottle's going to take the crown away from him with Sonja.

Really... That is not what I was showing in that picture. Look at the piece again. I am not talking about oh look it broken I am talking about how cheap sideshow is by how little polystone they use. Look how thin the polystone is.

Vampi's base is heavy enough as is. The added weight of solid headstones isn't necessary.

I agree it's too early to complain about this piece since it hasn't even POed yet but the eggshell thing is true...they are getting RIDICULOUSLY thin. I don't mind hollow but making it that thin doesn't make me feel so secure about future orders. And anyone who says they have always been that thin, that's just plain untrue.

I agree it's too early to complain about this piece since it hasn't even POed yet but the eggshell thing is true...they are getting RIDICULOUSLY thin. I don't mind hollow but making it that thin doesn't make me feel so secure about future orders. And anyone who says they have always been that thin, that's just plain untrue.

Well, I'm not breaking any of my older Premium Format figures to prove a point, but generally speaking, the more elaborate the base the thinner the materials would have be to keep overall weight of the statues down.

Most of my older Premium Format statues have really simple bases.

That is what a troll would say. But sorry again about you NJ shore conan:rotfl

I was wondering, did you buy the Conan piece yourself or are you basing your comments on pictures? I own the Conan piece and I too thought the skin tone looked 'odd'. However, I took the plunge given how a picture can be very misleading and was rewarded with a very well painted and above standard skin tone. Bases on PF's are usually hollow so no problem there for me (had most of the LOTR line and they all had hollow bases). I think you are referring to some of the base attachments such as the steps etc on Conan? If so then I don't see a problem as the base holding the statue is plenty strong (the poly is a lot thicker) and the attachments such as bricks/ steps don't need to be made thick as they are not their to support anything.

The first Red Sonja definitely had painting issues and as much as I loved the piece in itself (sculpt, pose) I couldn't get passed the fact that it was very, very dependant on correct lighting to compensate for the paint job of the head and body which definitely seem to have been painted at two different stations hence a tone variation!

This piece looks astonishing and I believe SS has truly upped their game and recent additions (in hand :wink1: ) have proved it for me.Can't wait to go for this one after having to cut the first version loose.

I'm thinking we'll see this go up for PO fairly soon! They've been pretty on top of getting POs up for most things revealed at SDCC, and I think this is one of the last pieces. After Aquaman this coming week, I'm hoping Red Sonja follows. Something about just getting that PO locked in and putting it behind me puts me at ease. Plus, the faster it goes up, the faster it shows up! That said, I'm guessing this'll arrive possibly as a 2016 Christmas present. :lol

Back