Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This comment, 'Not counting whatever Newman is working on outside SS.' could be misread to mean you thought Newman sculpted this Red Sonja. That's all.

I was blown away by this statue at SDCC and it's still a most-wanted for me. My only worry is SS pulling it off with no QC issues.

I was blown away by this statue at SDCC and it's still a most-wanted for me. My only worry is SS pulling it off with no QC issues.

I these went to NYCC and saw it and the base alone had more detail in paint alone then some single statues. If the first red Sonja piece got down graded then this one should aswell but I do think this would be a bigger of a deal. But overall there is no way sideshow can pull this piece of. Look at the new conan and his skin tone. It looked like he got a spray tan. Sideshow has come great people working there but the company now is **** do to then saving everyone pen they can on pieces sold.

Now you're reaching or trolling. The new Conan?? It's universally praised.
I am trolling because I think his skin tone looks like a spray tan... If you like the piece that's fine I like it to but the skin tone is more or less like a spray tan color. The base is also holed out in spots were it shouldn't be. Like Sideshow as a company is getting VERY VERY cheap. Look at the died body on the back of the conans base. The body has a blue color for shadowing but that blue color is also used for there new Vampirella PF and now they are also using it for the classic catwoman as well for shadowing. It's these cheap. Like hell did the get the paint at a Costco and now they what to use it on every piece this for piece that don't really know what they are looking at to say oOo colors:horror. Like they are these getting very cheap and trying to save money in the cheapest ways. Almost every piece they make is a A+ piece but do to paint not cheaping out on polystone most are lucky to be a C+.

I am trolling because I think his skin tone looks like a spray tan... If you like the piece that's fine I like it to but the skin tone is more or less like a spray tan color. The base is also holed out in spots were it shouldn't be. Like Sideshow as a company is getting VERY VERY cheap. Look at the died body on the back of the conans base. The body has a blue color for shadowing but that blue color is also used for there new Vampirella PF and now they are also using it for the classic catwoman as well for shadowing. It's these cheap. Like hell did the get the paint at a Costco and now they what to use it on every piece this for piece that don't really know what they are looking at to say oOo colors:horror. Like they are these getting very cheap and trying to save money in the cheapest ways. Almost every piece they make is a A+ piece but do to paint not cheaping out on polystone most are lucky to be a C+.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone complain about the paint on the new Conan. I have it on the shelf and think its amongst the best paint work they've ever done.
If you don't like it or think they still have a long way to go, then that's fair enough but Sideshow aren't 'getting very cheap' .... they're is nothing from years past paintwork wise that stands far above it. Sideshow have always been basic when it comes to production paint apps and used to be much worse. Conan for better or worse is a good example from them. Your posts makes it sound like they once produced quality that is now slipping.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone complain about the paint on the new Conan. I have it on the shelf and think its amongst the best paint work they've ever done.
If you don't like it or think they still have a long way to go, then that's fair enough but Sideshow aren't 'getting very cheap' .... they're is nothing from years past paintwork wise that stands far above it. Sideshow have always been basic when it comes to production paint apps and used to be much worse. Conan for better or worse is a good example from them. Your posts makes it sound like they once produced quality that is now slipping.

Well that is what I am saying LoL. These because nobuddy elsa said it doesn't mean it's not true. When I look at this picture and I saw afew of them in hands so they do look like this the skin tone is good but they did the shadowing with a way darker skin tone what I understand but it comes of looking like a NJ spray tan and when it look at his face they these went crazy with the paint. 300118-conan-the-barbarian-rage-of-the-undying-002.jpg

Also this is what I am talking about sideshow being cheap and saving pennys. Look at the polystone "if any"12003412_1129345953747032_1517770331151479415_n.jpg Also these to note this was broken in the box like this and you can see why. Sideshow is these being cheap. Like what I saw at NYCC with the Red Sonja there is no way in hell the piece we are getting is going to look anything like that and if you like save this post because I don't mined if I am wrong but there is no way. From the paint detail on her body to the paint detailer on the base what was CRAZY there is no way.

Back