Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened up my Ex statue and unfortunately it arrived with a broken hand. #160/500. Already sent pictures to show the break.
I guess the Allies have already won.

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully, SSC sends you out a mint replacement soon.

My Exclusive number 023 arrived here in Glasgow today. I am delighted!

All perfect, and the exclusive head is a knock out. The regular head though is excellent too.

I love the whole look of it, a real stand out. This is my first premium format, hoping my next one (Gladiator Hulk) lives up to the standard of this one.

I would love to take some pictures, but had to pack it away as moving home in next couple of weeks and all my good camera equipment is packed away and I refuse to take pictures with an iPhone - as simply it wouldn't do this justice.

Hope so too. Its a public holiday there today so I might get a response in the next couple of days.

Yeah, it's Labor Day for all of us here in the US. You certainly won't here from them today. Hopefully you'll be hearing from them soon and get everything taken care of.

Just opened up my Ex statue and unfortunately it arrived with a broken hand. #160/500. Already sent pictures to show the break.
I guess the Allies have already won.

mine came also with a broken hand but sideshow already sent me a replacement and luckily the new body fitted in the base

good luck with your replacement

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully, SSC sends you out a mint replacement soon.

mine came also with a broken hand but sideshow already sent me a replacement and luckily the new body fitted in the base

good luck with your replacement

Well bad news guys. I got an email saying that they don't have anymore replacement. They offered to give me a small sum in credit if I was to keep it as is. I guess I won't be having a Red Skull in my collection after all. Not the news I wanted to wake up to.
Vaako, glad to hear you got looked after.

This screwing over customers with damaged pieces isn't good.
Make more replacement parts! Pretty simple really.

If Sideshows Customer Service deteriates along with their Q.C then there will be no point in ordering anything.

Man, SS really need to improve their qc. Don't they notice the complaints :thud:

Wow that sucks. Yeah they really need to find a fix to this replacement thing. Maybe they need to rethink the the amount they put aside especially nowadays seeing as how the QC problems seem to be more rampant

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

If Sideshows Customer Service deteriates along with their Q.C then there will be no point in ordering anything.

Man, SS really need to improve their qc. Don't they notice the complaints :thud:

Wow that sucks. Yeah they really need to find a fix to this replacement thing. Maybe they need to rethink the the amount they put aside especially nowadays seeing as how the QC problems seem to be more rampant

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I was hoping that mine would get replaced due to the broken hand right out of the box but I guess I wasn't so lucky. One other collector had the same problem and got a replacement. The amount of credit they offered me wasn't nearly enough to get it fixed professionally. Sad to say it looks like I will be without a Red Skull.

Broken hand may not be a QC issue, could have been broken in shipment. In which case a Quality Check does nothing. As is though they should have replacements, kind of strange they don't considering I've only seen the three issues so far.

True. Kind of frustrating when you can't get a replacement for broken parts for sure though.

Yup. When everybody's getting pieces with no problems on what is generally considered a successful run but you just so happen to be the one of the few that gets stuck with the dud... it sucks. Been there...

I was hoping that mine would get replaced due to the broken hand right out of the box but I guess I wasn't so lucky. One other collector had the same problem and got a replacement. The amount of credit they offered me wasn't nearly enough to get it fixed professionally. Sad to say it looks like I will be without a Red Skull.

That sucks. It's one thing to get turned down a replacement for paint apps....but a broken statue? This is real disappointing to hear. This is the part I dread when it comes to collecting from SSC. It's always upsetting when you don't get to add a statue of a character you really want or need for your collection because of QC issues or breakage. I hold my breath with every shipping notice I get from SSC. Not with great anticipation, but with anxiety. It takes all of the fun out of this hobby when you are worrying about whether or not you can get a replacement for a statue even before it arrives. Even though this isn't a case of bad QC (breakage is usually a shipping issue), a broken statue should be replaced. I'm feel for you buddy.

Last edited:
That sucks. It's one thing to get turned down a replacement for paint apps....but a broken statue? This is real disappointing to hear. This is the part I dread when it comes to collecting from SSC. It's always upsetting when you don't get to add a statue of a character you really want or need for your collection because of QC issues or breakage. I hold my breath with every shipping notice I get from SSC. Not with great anticipation, but with anxiety. It takes all of the fun out of this hobby when you are worring about whether or not you can get a replacement for a statue even before it arrives. Even though this isn't a case of bad QC (breakage is usually a shipping issue), a broken statue should be replaced. I'm feel for you buddy.

Thanks buddy. I'm at a loss as to why they can't replace my broken statue. Now Cap doesn't look so appealing anymore.

Thanks buddy. I'm at a loss as to why they can't replace my broken statue. Now Cap doesn't look so appealing anymore.

I would try phoning them just to make sure they really don't have any replacements.
I agree. A phone call wouldn't hurt. Let them know you wanted Cap and Red Skull as a set. Maybe after you speak to a manager, they'll find a way to help out. There are a few cases where the can put you on a wait list for a replacement. It's just sucks to even be in this situation. I was really worried about my Apocalypse PF. The QC on the EX was terrible and he's a top 3 villain for me. I would have been gutted if I received a bad piece and couldn't get a replacement. It's never fun being put in a take it or leave it position.

That sucks. It's one thing to get turned down a replacement for paint apps....but a broken statue? This is real disappointing to hear. This is the part I dread when it comes to collecting from SSC. It's always upsetting when you don't get to add a statue of a character you really want or need for your collection because of QC issues or breakage. I hold my breath with every shipping notice I get from SSC. Not with great anticipation, but with anxiety. It takes all of the fun out of this hobby when you are worrying about whether or not you can get a replacement for a statue even before it arrives. Even though this isn't a case of bad QC (breakage is usually a shipping issue), a broken statue should be replaced. I'm feel for you buddy.

Maybe it is a QC issue for the boxes... like they don't drop them enough to see what happens. I thought eFX threw theirs down flights of stairs or something like that for testing :lol

Did they change their system so that you have to leave a message now?
I have called 3 days in a row and no option to talk to anyone unless you know their extension.
I can only leave voice mail for customer service or returns... no option to talk to anyone...

Back