Media Red Dead Redemption 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing news!!!

tumblr_ll5sj3LUoZ1qgjpfvo1_250.gif

This was, IMHO, the greatest game of the last generation. As great as TLOU really was, this tops it. An incredible adventure.

This will be bought day one.

Metal Gear Solid 4 I think was the best game of last gen followed by Uncharted 2, RDR is number 3 on my list though, and imo has the greatest ending of any game I’ve ever played.

No i don't want a sequel with his son. Annoying as hell.:monkey4 They should go back and explore more of the native americans. Or even bring back Red from Red Dead Revolver.

I think the sequel could be set up a few years after the first game so his son could be an adult now. I agree as a kid he'd be annoying, but as an adult he could end up being just as big a bad ass as his father was.

I doubt a new Red Dead game would be continue the Marston storyline at all. One of the main themes of Redemption was being on the cusp of technology, and how that Old West lifestyle was being phased out. A sequel would be an entirely different game.

If/When there is a new game, at most it might take place in the same universe, but maybe take place in Utah or Nevada. . . perhaps Deadwood, some other 'western' area but totally unrelated to Redemption in the same way Redemption had very little in common with Revolver.

Ugh, no. **** that guy's voice, face, and awful facial hair.

I also hope the sequel has better pacing of the main storyline - I thought it ground to a halt once you got to Mexico.

I'd like a better villain too. The guy was as dumb as a box of rocks, he was lucky he lived so long.

But overall, I'm thrilled, I loved RDR and it was a great use of the GTA formula without being rehashed like GTA has been (even though the games are great...the whole formula is getting boring to me, kind of like Final Fantasy).

I hope we see some images soon!

I really liked the Mexico sequence. It was a cool way to diversify, a little bit, and it added another dimension to the storyline. Thematically, it reinforced that idea of revolution, and that the world around Marston really was changing. Plus, riding across the border while "Far Away" played may have been one of the most wonderful moments in gaming history, for me, IMO. I'd love to see Redemption get the remaster treatment like GTA V; it still holds up ridiculously well for being close to 5 years old.

I really liked the Mexico sequence. It was a cool way to diversify, a little bit, and it added another dimension to the storyline. Thematically, it reinforced that idea of revolution, and that the world around Marston really was changing. Plus, riding across the border while "Far Away" played may have been one of the most wonderful moments in gaming history, for me, IMO. I'd love to see Redemption get the remaster treatment like GTA V; it still holds up ridiculously well for being close to 5 years old.

Mexico itself was good - nice landscape and change of pace. It was just terribly paced.

It also felt too short for me when exploring Mexico. I would like to see more of Mexico in the sequel especially with the new consoles. You know the scenery would look really good.

Ugh, no. **** that guy's voice, face, and awful facial hair.

Did you miss this post?

I think the sequel could be set up a few years after the first game so his son could be an adult now. I agree as a kid he'd be annoying, but as an adult he could end up being just as big a bad ass as his father was.

Taking place 20 or so years after the first game and he could be hardly recognizable from the annoying voiced pipsqueak he once was.

Anyway it's just a thought as there are a lot of cool original characters R* could create for the sequel.

Did you miss this post?

Taking place 20 or so years after the first game and he could be hardly recognizable from the annoying voiced pipsqueak he once was.

Anyway it's just a thought as there are a lot of cool original characters R* could create for the sequel.

His face sucked so much that even as an adult, he'd be a lost cause.

Back