Prop Red Book of Westmarch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough, but this guy seems to get away with more then most anyone in here.

Josh how do you display the REDBOOK?

I let a lot of that kind of things go.

I have it and Isildur's Scroll on a wooden table in my collection room.

I gotta admit this is the one item/prop that I always wanted but never did get...It's up there IMHO to be one of the greatest LOTR items made. grats to all those who posess it. I hope to join the club one day myself

I let a lot of that kind of things go.

I have it and Isildur's Scroll on a wooden table in my collection room.

Thus I think this is the best and fair board on the net, honestly, nothing else compares, thanks for that. Cool take a pic as I am curious how people display the book

I gotta admit this is the one item/prop that I always wanted but never did get...It's up there IMHO to be one of the greatest LOTR items made. grats to all those who posess it. I hope to join the club one day myself

After seeing your collection I am wondering why you do not have it yet? You have one hell of a setup with varied many items, very impressive!

Thus I think this is the best and fair board on the net, honestly, nothing else compares, thanks for that. Cool take a pic as I am curious how people display the book

After seeing your collection I am wondering why you do not have it yet? You have one hell of a setup with varied many items, very impressive!

Believe me I ask myself that all the time

We strive to be a place people can chat and have a decent time while here. Sometimes we fail and sometimes we succeed. Yeah, I can take a pic when I get home with my iphone.

It is "THE" collectible to get, nothing speaks "Lord of the Rings" then this one prop, nothing Sideshow made or WETA will ever make. If you were allowed one prop and or item from Tolkien, this masterpiece would be it, yes it is that awesome!

I think you exaggerate. It is a very cool fan-made replica but it is still a fan-made replica.

In the world of prop collecting, unofficial fan-made replicas are fourth tier collectibles behind premium replica props made by the original makers (e.g. Jens Hansen One Ring) or actual production used props.

The best of the best would be actual screen used props that you can point to on an actual movie still and identify it as the one that you actually have in possession.

Nonetheless, Indy's Red Book is a fantastic replica. A real labour of love by all those people involved in the project. Even the actual red book on screen did not contain even half of what is in there. So it is a very very cool collectible! I think Daniel Reeve himself did acknowledge the wow factor of their undertaking.

If you could get the actual screen used that would be great but this is one of the top handful of LOTR items out there fan made or not.

If you could get the actual screen used that would be great but this is one of the top handful of LOTR items out there fan made or not.

I agree. Without doubt one of the bet collectibles available for fans to purchase.

Even more so when we consider the fact that most screen used/ production used props did not actually make it out to the public and into private hands.

Right so that's why I do agree with the thought that this really just might be the best LOTR collectible out there. Unless its a screen used prop its going to be hard to top.

The best of the best would be actual screen used props that you can point to on an actual movie still and identify it as the one that you actually have in possession.

While I don't have any LOTR screen used props, I do so far have a couple from the Hobbit.

The gold coins that Smaug guards and which we will soon see Bilbo walking through.

Smaug-coins by theguru1, on Flickr

And some wine that we should see in Lake Town I think come December.

Hobbit - Wine 1 by theguru1, on Flickr

Nonetheless, Indy's Red Book is a fantastic replica. A real labour of love by all those people involved in the project. Even the actual red book on screen did not contain even half of what is in there. So it is a very very cool collectible! I think Daniel Reeve himself did acknowledge the wow factor of their undertaking.

My understanding is that the screen used Red Book had at around most 20 pages of content and most of that you saw in the films. The Indy book is near 300 pages in total, so really it has way way more then the 'real' deal.

Thanks.

The coin on the wine bottle wood case is also a Smaug coin used on screen.

A little off topic, but I also have the photo frame that was given as a crew gift, not seen on screen.

Photo-Frame by theguru1, on Flickr

Plus I have the leather By-Fold wallet used by a crew member during production to hold call-sheets and the like. Unfortuneately I don't have any call-sheets or script pages.

Hobbit - ByFold by theguru1, on Flickr

Back on subject a bit, given that it was Daniel Reeve that created the Red Book, I also have my own personalised party invite. This was hand written by Daniel himself at the Weta Cave 5 year event a couple of months ago.

Party - Invite by theguru1, on Flickr

Much of this sits around my Red Book display with other props from the Noble Collection and the like. I really should take an updated photo of it all sometime.

Back