Prop Red Book of Westmarch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plans are in place. Gotta get some other stuff done first but this is going to be mine along with Isildur's Scroll.

Well. I didn't get much of what I was looking for with the creation of this thread, but looks like it will throw some business Indy's way. I have not done much past the two sample pages I created. Been too busy with other projects lately.

Oh yeah, it's awesome. Worth every penny.

dsc0793ha.jpg

Nice, is that Indy's map also?

I am finally getting one, along with Isildur's Scroll, I am looking forward to this summer!

WAIT, where did you get the ink bottle?

Thanks Josh.

Here is a partially completed map with the mountain and dragon from FoTR. Needs completed and weathered. I replaced the mountain and dragon from my drawing of the updated map from The Hobbit. Was going to use Thrain under mountain rather than Thror too. I'll end up tweaking it a bit more when I ever get around to finishing it. I have a few files from my creation of Thorin's map so now it is a matter of messing around with photo editing software. I normally use Arches rough watercolor paper to print it on then do the weathering, creases and folds.

image_zps26310b19.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
This book is amazing. I am debating if I should get this or Baradur. Can't swing both....at least not for another couple of months.:lol

I was in the same boat and I sat down and pondered over it. Seeing on how I do have the DM version of the dark tower and that is more then good enough for me and seeing on how I am getting more and more into the props, it was a no brainer!!! Don't get me wrong the WETA BD is ever bit as good but do I really need 2, no, but I have been following the book and how it was developed and created, MANY, upon, MANY hours of collaboration from some very dedicated fans of Tolkien! So the choice was way too easy for me! You need to decide what is more important for you then just go for it!!!

...Here is a partially completed map with the mountain and dragon from FoTR. Needs completed and weathered. I replaced the mountain and dragon from my drawing of the updated map from The Hobbit. Was going to use Thrain under mountain rather than Thror too. I'll end up tweaking it a bit more when I ever get around to finishing it. I have a few files from my creation of Thorin's map so now it is a matter of messing around with photo editing software. I normally use Arches rough watercolor paper to print it on then do the weathering, creases and folds...

Looks good. :clap

Thanks Josh.

Here is a partially completed map with the mountain and dragon from FoTR. Needs completed and weathered. I replaced the mountain and dragon from my drawing of the updated map from The Hobbit. Was going to use Thrain under mountain rather than Thror too. I'll end up tweaking it a bit more when I ever get around to finishing it. I have a few files from my creation of Thorin's map so now it is a matter of messing around with photo editing software. I normally use Arches rough watercolor paper to print it on then do the weathering, creases and folds.

image_zps62925902.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah, looking real good so far Iceclimber :wave

Looking forward to seeing the final weathered piece.

:duff
Bill

Such a beautiful prop. I'm definitely interested. Where is Indy based in? Is he in the US? I wonder how much would the shipping cost be on top of the price of the book. Is it heavy?

Yes sir and I am looking so forward to FINALLY getting this guy after some 10 years of watching it get created and made, yea it is a bit costly but it is very well made!

Have you sent your money yet? I just did yesterday. I can't wait to hear back from him that he's got it and 110% in the que. :hi5:

Such a beautiful prop. I'm definitely interested. Where is Indy based in? Is he in the US? I wonder how much would the shipping cost be on top of the price of the book. Is it heavy?

Indy is in New Zealand and the shipping cost is included in his price!

Have you sent your money yet? I just did yesterday. I can't wait to hear back from him that he's got it and 110% in the que. :hi5:

Josh, yes I have paid him and he told me he was about 3 months backed up, if you sent him money then it is good as gold! Email him back and ask if he received the payment, he will reply back, can not wait for these to show up!

CLICK HERE to see where it all started and the creative force behind this beauty!

LOTS to read but the history and true creative powers here turned into this wonderful prop!

Been reading this a bit while the kids are working. Pretty fun read to see all the work that went into it and seeing some old names again made me smile.

Josh, yes I have paid him and he told me he was about 3 months backed up, if you sent him money then it is good as gold! Email him back and ask if he received the payment, he will reply back, can not wait for these to show up!

Cool! I emailed him after I sent payment last night so I figure I'll hear something today or tomorrow. If not I'll email him again. However, having sent money like you said I'm good. I'm with ya between this, the flags, and some upcoming LOTR/Hobbit stuff life is good.

Back