Recondo kit bash suggestions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrLawless1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

First-time customizer here...

I really want to kit bash a Recondo figure. I've already picked up a 'Nam era Recondo patch with black lightning bolt, a spare SS Duke shirt (how do you recommend I fade it? Bleach?), and Desert Cobra Officer boots and harness/backpack.

For the head, I am considering a Kings Toys Stalin head.

Any suggestions on compatible body type (besides Kings Toys... not crazy about their hands) or fatigue pants or anything else?

Perhaps even a better head sculpt?

And God help me, where do I find a decent Australian Bush hat that doesn't look like it belonged to Crocodile Dundee?

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for any suggestions or ideas that will help me create this Recondo figure!!!!

I'll have to upload a pic but here's the pic of my Recondo from the GI Joe Club con website:

DSCN5144.JPG.800.jpg

The bush hat is from a GI Joe Aussie. I have a replacement from the Sideshow Australian that I need to do some mods on.

The figure is a Sideshow WW1 French Infantryman. He's a little "pasty skin" but the headsculpt was perfect.

Stalker's or Flint's pants would work. Couple that with standard green jungle boots and a pair of gaitors.

An M14 would work. Some of the newer ones are almost perfect.

As DFC said, it's mainly your interpretation of the character. Have some fun with him.

John

I agree with the others when they say, "Its your take on the character". Here is a shot of mine, that I never shared here on the freaks forum. The pants and shirt are Hasbro products, the rig was a custom job by a member at OSW and the rest I don't remember< he needs a new rifle.
DSC04198.jpg

I made a Recondo a few months ago:
Recondo17211.jpg

The hat is from the DiD Bernard Montgomery figure. I removed the badges and flocking and repainted it brown. The band around the base of the hat is a piece of ribbon.
The head is from Dragon with a sculpted mustache.

I can't wait to see your version!

DML's Bob Richardson (British WWII MP) is perfect for Recondo. Which rifle does the original 3.35inch figure have? i thought it could've been a FAL or an AR-18.

I agree with the others when they say, "Its your take on the character". Here is a shot of mine, that I never shared here on the freaks forum. The pants and shirt are Hasbro products, the rig was a custom job by a member at OSW and the rest I don't remember< he needs a new rifle.
DSC04198.jpg

Those pants are SO spot on! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the suggestions and pics!!!! Wow, a lotta great customs there!!!! Sincerely appreciated!

I'll have to upload a pic but here's the pic of my Recondo from the GI Joe Club con website:

DSCN5144.JPG.800.jpg

The bush hat is from a GI Joe Aussie. I have a replacement from the Sideshow Australian that I need to do some mods on.

The figure is a Sideshow WW1 French Infantryman. He's a little "pasty skin" but the headsculpt was perfect.

Stalker's or Flint's pants would work. Couple that with standard green jungle boots and a pair of gaitors.

An M14 would work. Some of the newer ones are almost perfect.

As DFC said, it's mainly your interpretation of the character. Have some fun with him.

John

Great suggestions! Thanks John!!!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for the Bob Richardson suggestion! I just picked it up for $12 from ToyAnxiety!

^^^Thats great, i look forward to seeing your version of Recondo.

Hi,

First-time customizer here...

I really want to kit bash a Recondo figure. I've already picked up a 'Nam era Recondo patch with black lightning bolt, a spare SS Duke shirt (how do you recommend I fade it? Bleach?), and Desert Cobra Officer boots and harness/backpack.

For the head, I am considering a Kings Toys Stalin head.

Any suggestions on compatible body type (besides Kings Toys... not crazy about their hands) or fatigue pants or anything else?

Perhaps even a better head sculpt?

And God help me, where do I find a decent Australian Bush hat that doesn't look like it belonged to Crocodile Dundee?

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for any suggestions or ideas that will help me create this Recondo figure!!!!

How about this sculpt on the left?

DSCF1258.jpg

It's just sitting in my parts bucket. Of you want it shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

I "finished" my Recondo a while back and never posted pics. Still not crazy about the color of his hat, but otherwise I'm pretty satisfied. Still might try a TrueType body someday to give him better forearms.

180736c3-f1a1-6bf2.jpg

Used Duke's shirt, GI Joe "Jungle Assault" carded pack pants, Cobra Desert Sniper webgear, and some Hawk patches. Found a guy on eBay who had the Recondo patch. Gun, boot and hat band were custom done, aping some things I'd seen impervious posts.

(thanks, btw, to everyone who lent their opinions and suggestions for this bash!)

180736c3-f275-096d.jpg

180736c3-f29d-f10f.jpg

180736c3-f2a9-1937.jpg

To me, Recondo's uniform is "modified/found objects" from the jungle. He's constantly upgrading while spending so much time out there alone, so sometimes colors and styles don't match (convenient, right?)....

180736c3-f304-cfe2.jpg

180736c3-f311-6bbc.jpg

180736c3-f325-8361.jpg

Back