Reccomendations for Headsculpt Painting Supplies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haytil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to get into painting some of my own headsculpts as a supplement to my 1/6 collecting hobby - most just touching up and stuff, to make my own figures look a little better.

I was hoping for some recommendations for basic supplies to get started - brushes, paint, thinner, and/or any other basic, necessary items.

I'm unfamiliar with any of the brands, jargon, or important terminology, as well as the basic skills, so anything would be helpful. Also, what colors I should be looking for? (the most important part of the painting will be skin tones of the headsculpts - but I don't know what colors go into that).

My family would like to know what to get me for Christmas, and I feel like some of these basic supplies would be a great idea - I just need to know what to tell them!

So I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!

where you are in the world can expand or limit what you can get, and what we can suggest.

Some paints that are brilliant for this hobby are not easily available outside of the United States, others are...

I myself use a mix of Humbrol Acrylics and Games Workshop "Citadel" foundation, regular and wash paints. I tend to mix my own flesh tones from the GW fleshtone paints that they have on offer.

For brushes, I like natural hair instead of synthetic. My favorite is a Natural Sable 1 Round Tip which I use for detail work.

Back