Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picking and choosing "battles." I seriously have no more #%$#ing room!!! :lol

That King Arts Captain's shield box put a nice dent in what little room I had left. :lol

I know the feeling, haha. I have to put a bunch of stuff on sale soon too. He and Magneto are two of my favorite Marvel characters period so I had to have this.

I know the feeling, haha. I have to put a bunch of stuff on sale soon too. He and Magneto are two of my favorite Marvel characters period so I had to have this.

We need to join forces, DW. The hunt for MOAR space and MOAR collectibles!!!!! :lol

Picking and choosing "battles." I seriously have no more #%$#ing room!!! :lol

That King Arts Captain's shield box put a nice dent in what little room I had left. :lol

I have begun working on 2 of the 3 additions I have planned for doom. See if I can spice up the base a little *)

Its how I remember it from the comics mostly...the angular look seems to make him more evil looking. Weird how simple shapes can do that.

Agreed. It's exactly how Doom looks like in the comics I read as a kid. I'm a HUGE Byrne fan. I have his entire run on the FF and I love the way he draws Doom. This piece reminds me a lot of his Doom. Byrne always drew a little more slimmer Doom and this PF captures that perfectly for me. I REALLY love the way this piece turned out.

What do mean the angular look?

The hood he's wearing. Out of the box, it has a circular look to the hood. It's generally not that shape in the comics. The hood around his face should look more like a triangle with rounded edges. It gives a more draped/natural look to the piece. IMO, it doesn't look right or natural when the hood isn't futzed with and left with a circular appearance.

The hood he's wearing. Out of the box, it has a circular look to the hood. It's generally not that shape in the comics. The hood around his face should look more like a triangle with rounded edges. It gives a more draped/natural look to the piece. IMO, it doesn't look right or natural when the hood isn't futzed with and left with a circular appearance.

I think it depends on what you're going for. I went with classic mask and rounded hood in an attempt to emulate the look of FF #5.

I think it depends on what you're going for. I went with classic mask and rounded hood in an attempt to emulate the look of FF #5.
Yeah this is the look we're talking about

2bad2b590525ede4869b8a81d9b782b6.jpg

I can already imagine he fun, and the trouble, this will be setting up. I have it sitting in the box till I see the definitive pose I like here so I can just set it up the same way. Haha.

I can already imagine he fun, and the trouble, this will be setting up. I have it sitting in the box till I see the definitive pose I like here so I can just set it up the same way. Haha.

I would suggest taking it out for the sole purpose of letting the fabric drop until you find the pose you are looking for.

Hey guys, finally got around to do a video on this guy. Just my thoughts. Thanks

Looking forward to seeing that. :rock

I know its been a little bit of time but I am working on both but they are coming along. Here are some WIPs. The suit was just to get the size and stitching down it will be redone with the actual fabric. The Thing hand is just about half way done so still a lot of work overall but I am making progress.

IMG_1770.jpgIMG_1767.jpgIMG_1768.jpgIMG_1769.jpgIMG_1765.jpgIMG_1766.jpg

More then one display option and pics are just with my phone but this is the idea. Hope you like

Back