Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat is just humongous haha

He sure as hell is. It's not easy displaying him or my Spidey COM around other 1/4 pieces. Especially ones that are a little on the smallish side of 1/4 scale. I can't put my GL PF anywhere near Bats. Also, my Deadpool PF can't be displayed around my Spidey COM. Bats and Spidey definitely present me with some display challenges. :lol

Batman's Base is taller than Dooms, and he's higher up on his than Doom by about an inch. Also, Batman is oversized, his scaling is around 6'4", and he's also massively muscled.

I saw the height difference in base, but it's the build that's really noticeable. If Bats was true to scale, he wouldn't be "thicker" than Doom. If anything they should be of equal thickness or Doom is thicker. And at 6'7 when armored and Bats at 6'2, they should be close to height in their statue form.

That just shows how off Bats is in scale. But it also shows that Doom should have been a little bit "thicker", IMO.

Yeah, Bats/Supes/Doom all stand around 19" tall on each statue. Red Skull looks to be about 17" so that scale with respect to Doom seems accurate. Cap looks like he could be around 18"-19" when straightened out from his angled pose.

Not the new movie? Thats like the worst dipiction if Doom to ever be brought into being.

:lol I liked it (not loved, but liked), surprisingly. Doom's image was the best, but as a whole, this wasn't as horrible as I thought it was . Spirit of Vengeance still holds that title for me. :lol

I gave the new F4 movie a 6-6.5/10.

Hey guys, wanted to show my fully repainted Dr. Doom. I have some in progress pics, but I'll just post one showing how I taped off his tunic and the last three are finished product. Very happy with how he turned out. I hate the modern mask head so I'm turning that one into an unmasked head.

a5bd08fa5ae9549df57221b212bd482a.jpg

0a5b88321561c8ecd082fede990f8185.jpg

e854e1db144666b24a89d808f5ceef38.jpg

6f7a8d5972f8c602d7471df952e16b1a.jpg

a6cccfc31927c9e48c9d5c5e2834cbd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That just shows how off Bats is in scale. But it also shows that Doom should have been a little bit "thicker", IMO.

I agree with that statement very much so. Bats is just a powerhouse statue from top to bottom. I think when you take into account how Doom looks next to the Cap and Wolvie it is a much more even scale. Having said that my one complaint about this fig and the LSF is the chest girth of Doom. He's pretty lean in his armor. That's why I prefer the classic head as they were all alot more lean in those days. Seeing the first pictures of the statue had me very much on the fence almost leaning off... but seeing it in person it was the selling point. They did a great job with this statue albeit with a slightly smaller build than I would prefer.

But, again, he looks pretty on par with the Marvel PF's minus the Classic Thor PF which just is an absolute monster of a statue.

:lol I liked it (not loved, but liked), surprisingly. Doom's image was the best, but as a whole, this wasn't as horrible as I thought it was . Spirit of Vengeance still holds that title for me. :lol

To many things happen in this movie that are unforgivable. This for me at best gets a 4.5, While I am sure there are those out there that think the movie is good there are also people out there who think sharknado is good. The representation of Doom in this not onl..... I will cut off before I rant.

Hey guys, wanted to show my fully repainted Dr. Doom. I have some in progress pics, but I'll just post one showing how I taped off his tunic and the last three are finished product. Very happy with how he turned out. I hate the modern mask head so I'm turning that one into an unmasked head.

a5bd08fa5ae9549df57221b212bd482a.jpg

0a5b88321561c8ecd082fede990f8185.jpg

e854e1db144666b24a89d808f5ceef38.jpg

6f7a8d5972f8c602d7471df952e16b1a.jpg

a6cccfc31927c9e48c9d5c5e2834cbd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know this may sound strange but could you take a few pics in different lighting please?

Awesome!

6.5.....Here's my reaction to the film.
chris-farley-rage.gif

To many things happen in this movie that are unforgivable. This for me at best gets a 4.5, While I am sure there are those out there that think the movie is good there are also people out there who think sharknado is good. The representation of Doom in this not onl..... I will cut off before I rant.

Yes, that's why I posted a GIF to illustrate.

Back