Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think with a figure like Gandalf where poseability isn't super necessary and the body is so obstructed by clothing its not necessary to swap bodies to get a more natural look.

As long as the joints are tight :)lol) he should be "good enough" as is.

Exactly, Gandalf-esque posing will have to not work for me to consider a $40 body upgrade.

I do wonder if he can be posed with the "Shall Not Pass" look?

I hope we'll see an icruise custom of that... he does kickass battle customs :rock

I'll have mine today. It's my last figure till IM comes out so i'm really looking forward to it.

Damn, now I have to get two of these... :lol

I'm still considering getting the NECA Balrog to go with my figures. It's not exactly in scale, but I think it should be passable.

I think the outfit would benefit from some distressing as well. It's looking extremely stiff in most of the pics. Perhaps some soaking in fabric softener and/or several washes will help not only with the look but with the posing.

Beard continues to look too white in the pics, even if that is not true in-hand.

Mine is due tomorrow as well. Can't wait.

Better. In some pics the pink and the contrast between skin and beard bugged me a little. In person they don't bug at all. My only complaint is picky. The staves are too bendy. I would like to have seen them a bit sturdier.

Oh and the cord belt is awesome but you have do it your self to make it look right and that will likely end up in a frayed belt at the tip. No biggie though.

Are we missing new pics from some of you guys who just got him today???

I'll have to reread the last few pages as I haven't futzed his outfit -- or that belt -- yet. Hope it's not too much trouble.

Is anybody using the traveling cloak?

Pix: I think the transition from skin to hair looks worse in pics due to extreme close-up or flash. In person, as you said, it's not quite so noticeable. Honestly though, he could use a little more gray in his beard. Maybe a gray wash would help.

Oh and the cord belt is awesome but you have do it your self to make it look right and that will likely end up in a frayed belt at the tip. No biggie though.

Should actually look a little better, fraying and what not will add to his worn look.

Should actually look a little better, fraying and what not will add to his worn look.

I didn't have too much trouble getting my belt through the buckle without fraying - it's just a matter of taking it slowly and making sure all the threads are through the buckle before you start pulling on it.

The colour of the beard looks perfect to my eyes - loving these new HT style paintjobs, for me personally it's the slight increase in skin translucency you get from molding in flesh tone rather than painting over it that sets this one apart from Old Ben (which I love, but definitely has that 'painted' look in comparison).

Thanks for the comments on the pics guys!

gotta wait 3 more days. i'm so excited for this one. been wanting gandalf since the line was announced and now i hear he turned out perfect.

Ok...I caved. Gandalf is one of my favorite literary characters of all time and even though I don't collect LOTR stuff, I had to have this. So, I pulled the trigger...ordered. :duh

Ok...I caved. Gandalf is one of my favorite literary characters of all time and even though I don't collect LOTR stuff, I had to have this. So, I pulled the trigger...ordered. :duh

Exactly what I did a couple of days ago.

:rock :rock :rock

First off, i hate the ^^^^ing buck. OK, that's outta the way. Next 9/10 (buck holds it back sorry) Just like Ben Kenobi a great figure!!! Love it!

Quick gandy vid (click on watch in HQ)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWP7sUjUOY

Enjoy it's a keeper!
032-2.jpg

034-1.jpg

036-5.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

048.jpg

049-1.jpg

041-2.jpg

Last edited: