Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turned out great--I hope we will get Gimli one of these days, even as an SDCC exclusive if that's what it takes.

If they were to make Gimli right now I'm sure he would turn out as good or better than Gandalf and the hobbits. :gimli :gandalf :frodo

Making Gimli as a con exclusive would certainly make a believer out of me... again.

After many years lurking and enjoying the amazing pics on the board, thought I'd throw in a few of my own!

Loving this figure. A few reservations - the difficulty of getting the buck to hold a pose under such a heavy outfit and the head (which pops off VERY easily when trying to pose it) - but they're vastly outweighed by the attention to detail and the sheer quality of the costume and accessories.

Hope you like the pics! Go easy on me, it's my first time. ;)

The head pops off easily?

Yep - could just be mine, but it doesn't have a lot of movement (on account of the beard and hair sculpt) so I've found any attempt to move it too far in any direction results in it popping off. Reattaches easily and securely though - just not too many posing options with it.

After many years lurking and enjoying the amazing pics on the board, thought I'd throw in a few of my own!

Loving this figure. A few reservations - the difficulty of getting the buck to hold a pose under such a heavy outfit and the head (which pops off VERY easily when trying to pose it) - but they're vastly outweighed by the attention to detail and the sheer quality of the costume and accessories.

Weclome, McFly!
:welcome
Great pics! Those last two almost look like a statue.
It might be a good thing that the head pops off so easily. If the Buick doesn't support the robes it will be easier to switch it out to another body.

You did great! Awesome pics! Can't wait to get mine! :banana

Weclome, McFly!
:welcome
Great pics! Those last two almost look like a statue.
It might be a good thing that the head pops off so easily. If the Buick doesn't support the robes it will be easier to switch it out to another body.

Thanks YoNoSe! Been lurking so long I feel like I already live here. :)

A TrueType would really help this one hold a pose, I reckon ... might think about doing that myself.

Hi McFly!

Welcome. finally!

"Touch me again and I'll feed your boys to a Balrog."

Awesome pics McFly! That first pics looks EXACTLY like the first photo that they revealed of Gandalf. Does anyone think that the clothes would fit better on one body vs the other, or is it more for posing that the true type better would be better?

Got mine.

The hype is real.

Gandalf > Old Ben + Clonobi IMO

:D

Awesome pics McFly! That first pics looks EXACTLY like the first photo that they revealed of Gandalf. Does anyone think that the clothes would fit better on one body vs the other, or is it more for posing that the true type better would be better?

The TT is actually in ways worse anatomically than the Buck, so I'd say there's little visual to gain from a swap, but sturdier joints that resist the pressure from the layers will make a difference. Depending on my thoughts when I get Gandy, I may go for a swap, I'll see if Ganalf's hands easily attach to the TT I already have for another custom, if I can use his hands and head on a TT body and I feel the difference is worthy buying a new base body, I'll probably do so.

I think with a figure like Gandalf where poseability isn't super necessary and the body is so obstructed by clothing its not necessary to swap bodies to get a more natural look.

As long as the joints are tight :)lol) he should be "good enough" as is.

Had to go with the Samaritan in lieu of Gandalf, but will have to try and pick one up later on, he looks great.

Back