Rank the Batman films!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mask Of The Phantasm is the best Batman movie in my opinion. If they could replicate the look and feel of this movie in a live action production, it would be fantastic.

The only thing I didn't really like about Mask of the Phantasm was the flashback stuff with Andrea and the choir music in every other scene. Other than that, I thought the entire film was solid.

It also has my two favorite Batman moments in pretty much any medium,

https://youtu.be/N6K1qNsE9v0?t=42s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_vwPlWTrgo

Yeah, Phantasm suffers a bit from the romance subplot IMO. But it is still at the top of my list, because it totally gets the spirit of Batman right IMO. And it was probably the most memorable and enjoyable movie-going experience of my youth.

What I feel TDK promised and TDKR pretty much failed to deliver for the most part.

Yup, pretty much. So much for being "hunted".

I always loled how they initially try to make the chase dramatic and emotional . . . until he blasts a random truck and drives up the ramp, hitting a jump like a video game. Don't even get me started on the alley with the Bat and the "you might have the wrong animal there" joke. :lol

But yeah, Mask of Phantasm gets all of that 100% right. I love seeing him bloodied and almost unconscious at the construction site. The cape and cowl attached to the wooden plank was a clever bit too.

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins

Batman 1989

The Dark Knight Rises

Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman '66

Batman and Robin

For me - THE best Batman moment on film has to be the alley fight in 89.

THE ****ing Batman right there; the whole sequence nailed the Batman mythos to a T.

TDKR seemed to me a film that Nolan rushed through and washed his hands of. It was meant to take the trilogy out on a high, but it left me more frustrated and suffered from way to many plot holes and a stupid follow up timeline to TDK. I still enjoyed it but I always think what could have been?

What is the general opinion on Returns on here? Do people feel that Burton took it too leftfield?

For me - THE best Batman moment on film has to be the alley fight in 89.

THE ****ing Batman right there; the whole sequence nailed the Batman mythos to a T.

I remember watching that scene in Begins were he batters the goons on the docks and you couldn't see a damn thing and I always harped back to that scene you are talking about VDG and wishing that the fighting scenes in Begins were like the alley fight from the '89 movie.

Brilliant scene from '89 Batman.

You mean where he fights that guy with the sword using his wrist shield things?
Yep.

The dark alley, the mood, Keaton semi crouched in a boxing stance & him looking like a black shadow except for his eyes, Bat emblem & cowl ears defining his shape. The way he glides into combat blocking each blade strike as the guy gets crazier - perfect. :rock

What is the general opinion on Returns on here? Do people feel that Burton took it too leftfield?

For me personally, I think it's alright, it's a good film. I don't know if it's a very good Batman film though, it's in some strange middle ground. It's a little too gloomy, weird and sexual for my tastes, especially with Penguin being this disgusting, horny bastard. After the first Batman, it was a total "WTF", but I take it that was the intent. I dig the movie (especially for Catwoman), but I think I like TDK, '89 and Begins more. Phantasm too.

Though, right now, I'm on the edge about actual Hot Toys product. Catwoman, Batman or something other than "coming soon!" :lol

I remember watching that scene in Begins were he batters the goons on the docks and you couldn't see a damn thing and I always harped back to that scene you are talking about VDG and wishing that the fighting scenes in Begins were like the alley fight from the '89 movie.

Brilliant scene from '89 Batman.
Yeah man, that sequence in Begins is sensational too - true Batman stuff right there as well.

Really, 89 & Begins are all I'm at all 'fanboy-ish' about. Two magic films.

Back