Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama - Preorder 9/10

It may be that the inclusion of two characters is what makes it a "diorama." But style-wise it seems a lot closer to the Commander Cody LSB (even the emperor's hologram could be considered a second character in some sense).

I'm just curious, but what exactly would you change about the design of this bust? I personally think it's a pretty killer composition. :eek:

I would have rather have this be a Legendary Scale Rancor like the Cave Troll or the Balrog.

Trying to put Luke in there or the Gamorrean guard just looks forceful in the composition. The way the one arm is raise (looks photoshopped and kind of long) and the way the other arm is just shopped off makes the piece not flow right. The then base has than tube/neck thing coming underneath the piece....well, it doesn't look right to me.

Again, I can sort of spot your involvement on the Luke likeness (correct me if I am wrong) and the sculpt is well done. I am just still feeling VERY disappointed at what the piece turned out to be. I am getting Spidey Vs Venom dio flashbacks.

Indeed, definitely poor angle on the first photo with Luke, but really, with Andy involved, I wasn't worried about sculpts.

Trevor did Luke, I'm not sure if he did the Gamorrean as well.

The price-point seems a bit high here too, being that it is only about a foot square.

I would have rather have this be a Legendary Scale Rancor like the Cave Troll or the Balrog.

Trying to put Luke in there or the Gamorrean guard just looks forceful in the composition. The way the one arm is raise (looks photoshopped and kind of long) and the way the other arm is just shopped off makes the piece not flow right. The then base has than tube/neck thing coming underneath the piece....well, it doesn't look right to me.

Again, I can sort of spot your involvement on the Luke likeness (correct me if I am wrong) and the sculpt is well done. I am just still feeling VERY disappointed at what the piece turned out to be. I am getting Spidey Vs Venom dio flashbacks.

Actually I did everything BUT Luke's portrait (that was Trev's). I personally loved the concept, I thought the inclusion of the 'meal' made it so much more interesting than just another 'head on a pedestal' bust. That's just me though.

I still can't get over how well Trev nailed Luke's likeness, especially considering the face is about the size of a dime.

No sir....I don't like it.

stimpyspregnant12a.jpg

Its not Luke, personally I think he looks fantastic. :dunno

Its not the Piggy Guard because he looks cool too.

Its not even the Rancor which is impressive.

Its the fact that it comes out of a ^^^^ing tube. I get they want to spotlight the Rancor and Luke but really? Out of an upside down ^^^^ing candy dish? Really? What the ^^^^? They couldn't hide him behind some rocks? Have the figure just melt into a flat base with stuff around him? I'd even take him blending into a piece of the gate even if that isn't accurate. But a ^^^^ing tube? It looks like a Super Mario parody gone awry. Yeesh.

So I'll be passing. :D Kudos though to those who like it and congrats to both Andy and Trevor because the individual pieces are fantastic I just hate the base design and execution.

Who is doing the Luke PF???? Sculpt?

Actually I did everything BUT Luke's portrait (that was Trev's). I personally loved the concept, I thought the inclusion of the 'meal' made it so much more interesting than just another 'head on a pedestal' bust. That's just me though.

I still can't get over how well Trev nailed Luke's likeness, especially considering the face is about the size of a dime.

Yeah the likeness is sweet! I pre-ordered. I think the initial picture posted on her just isn't a very good perspective to look at the piece. From all of the other angles it looks fantastic. :rock

Great work Andy... Another worthy addition to the collection...

Yes, both Andy and Trev knocked this one out of the park. Very well done!

Yeah the Gamorrean Guard REALLY saves this piece. The EX is a must (I hate when that happens!)

The sculptors did a phenomenal job based on the pics. Wow, I love the detail. It's too bad they couldn't have made a diorama with Luke standing on the floor and looking up while the Rancor chomps down on a gammorean guard. Now, THAT, I would buy!

The sculptors did a phenomenal job based on the pics. Wow, I love the detail. It's too bad they couldn't have made a diorama with Luke standing on the floor and looking up while the Rancor chomps down on a gammorean guard. Now, THAT, I would buy!

...for $1000. :google

Seriously, I saw the Hasbro Rancor at Target the other day and was surprised how big it was. A ~1/7 Rancor dio might be bigger than the Hulk PF.

...for $1000. :google

Seriously, I saw the Hasbro Rancor at Target the other day and was surprised how big it was. A ~1/7 Rancor dio might be bigger than the Hulk PF.

Or a Luke that would have been the size of a grain of rice.

I must say I am impressed with what SS churned out here. Yeah its not a full size but its something we haven't had before. We get to relive this part of the scene and to my knowledge hasn't been done yet in statue form. There are many ways this could have been executed better but you have to admit the sculpt is sweet. Andy and Trevor did an amazing job!

If it were only luke though i would have to pass, but that Gamorrean guard....just plain AWESOME! It looks just like the mini maquette puppet they used in the movie (watch the making of on VHS and you'll see.)

Glad we can relive this iconic scene without taking up too much shelf space.

All in all, EX looks sweet!

not what I was expecting (like everyone else).

Personally, give me a smaller luke/gammo and a complete rancor...$800ish would've been reasonable and an instant addition to my (and I would suggest many other die hard star wars fans) collection.

A super detailed piece would have been awesome with the whole rancor pit! But with large items like the a.m.p. maquette on the horizon- it would have only poured salt on the wound

Ive been trying to stay away from Star Wars but this is just to cool to pass up.

What can I say, I'm a monster collector. Ordered!

Back