Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama - Preorder 9/10

Rancor looks great, but was expecting it to be full, even if it meant making it smaller, but I would have paid much more if it was larger and the full figure.

Man that would have been impressive.

Awesome sculpt ,but yeah, Sideshow should have done a complete rancor...

It's a great Ex.. I'd rather pose him with the guard than with Luke (and the Luke is a great sculpt).

Low quantity alert on the EX.......

Wow, that was fast. I thought I might have been paranoid jumping to place my Ex. order, turns out it was a wise move, if I didn't do it tonight I'd have missed out.

Probably too ambitious, but would have been cool if regular had the Gammy and Luke hands and the Ex. was Oola. I think it'd be cool someday to setup the display to have this bust on a shelf below Jabba on his throne, with the Han in Carbonite wall nearby too and with Oola you could be film accurrate that Han's still in Carbonite while the Rancor snacks, this way, you have to be a little loose, but it'll still make for a cool display.

The base overpowers this piece. My eyes jump to either the base, the rancor, and then the meal. Visually, it doesn't sit right with me, except in those first-person angles, where it further resembles the movie.

I would have loved the piece more if the base was better concealed. If the rancor was sculpted all the way down.. I would have paid extra for that.

Now that's pretty freaking cool.

rancor.jpg

Crazy, i just refresh the page and the EX low quantity alert jumps way down every couple minutes. I wonder what the edition is.

You know, that photo makes me think, it's too bad this couldn't be one of the duel display type pieces and wall mountable, imagine that view hanging from your wall.

I do wish luke was looking at the rancor and looked like he was struggling a bit more

I think this is a very dynamic piece, the exclusive is a must hands down. Not for me but this is stellar.

so mini-busts are being referred to as Dioramas now? :lol :lol

You know, that photo makes me think, it's too bad this couldn't be one of the duel display type pieces and wall mountable, imagine that view hanging from your wall.

That would have been a great way to do it. The base detracts from the piece a little.

I am still waiting for a Luke vs Vader on death star 2 with the emperor sitting in his throne diorama....... :emperor

150-200 sounds about right. Dinosauria has been a trendsetter for low edition sizes lately, and that's the range they are coming in. This is a large, striking piece.. it looks fun, and that's what matters. And that Hamill likeness is out of this world, awesome.

I just hope that they don't do one in faux bronze, though. :huh

I really want to love this, but I'm just not moved enough to pull the trigger. I really dig the exclusive, though--that would definitely be the way to display it.

Back