Ralph McQuarrie Artist Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Sideshow's site.

311.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

They couldn't remove the cases for their own pictures :rotfl

I may be jumping the gun, but I'm really hoping for a Snowtrooper in this line. The droids could be cool if they paired them up in McQ's iconic piece -

image.jpg

Some of the angles around Fett's "mouth" and under the visor are pretty soft and need to be sharpened and brought out more to better match McQuarrie's original design. Right now (or as of last week, anyway), Hasbro's 3 3/4" helmet is truer to the drawings on which this is based.

What a wonderful video! Prior to watching that, I'd assumed the McQuarrie statuettes were to form the whole of the series. Rather, it seems that the McQuarrie line is a subset of the "Star Wars Concept Artist Series." I relish the thought of seeing some pieces based on the works of Joe Johnston or Doug Chiang somewhere down the line, if I'm reading that correctly.

I get the same feeling...it seems like they are thinking of releasing the 3 McQuarrie sculpts and then maybe moving on with other artists. It's going to be a great line

The million dollar question is "Will SS Factories do justice to McQuarrie sculpts" paint wise... I'm sure the sculpts themselves will be spot on, it's the paint applications from the factories that is the big question mark...

The million dollar question is "Will SS Factories do justice to McQuarrie sculpts" paint wise... I'm sure the sculpts themselves will be spot on, it's the paint applications from the factories that is the big question mark...

Since these aren't human face sculpts and the paint isn't as detailed as some of the PFs, I think it will be fine.

Back