Ralph McQuarrie Artist Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno, it was a really quiet one. But Gentle Giant has the 1/4th license now. I don't believe it was ever explained as to why/what happened. HT having the same license was never an issue in the past... especially as it's not the same scale.

Dunno, it was a really quiet one. But Gentle Giant has the 1/4th license now. I don't believe it was ever explained as to why/what happened. HT having the same license was never an issue in the past... especially as it's not the same scale.

I have no idea how the licencing works now, I thought Disney wanted more than one company having the licences to create some competition in the market place, that's what they said about giving other companies the licence to make the small scale figures that Hasbro do.

These were teased again at SDCC, so they may still be progressing on these, albeit at a snail's pace. The slide shown was really nothing more than drawings, so if these were in production at all back in July, I'd wager it was still only in the very early stages.
SideshowMcQuarrieStarWars_zps1a6fffba.jpg

Re: Star Wars McQuarrie Collectibles by Sideshow.

Nice, I've always liked the McQuarrie Stormtrooper concept but for me I'm out since it's not 1/4 PF.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed 1/5, just can't recall where that info came from.

I'm very excited about this line. Probably gonna grab the big 3. I really hope they do a snowtrooper as I always thought McQ's design for them was pretty great.

I might go for the Stormie then. Need to see how it looks first though.

I'm interested. Always liked McQuarrie's concept designs. Not a scale I generally collect, but I could see myself at least picking up the Stormtrooper. I've been waiting for a larger scale collectible aside from what Koto and GG have done.

I'd be happy even if they just give us 1 new Mythos statue, that being Grievous..., we should've got him in the first set after all. :(

Back