Rainman's new project [Factory Owner]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must have received a primer head. I just figured that they were all like mine. Wow, looks totally different with the hair painted.

:clap

I was just watching a documentary on Mel Brooks a few days ago, and realized just how much I want a Rainman Gene Wilder Young Frankenstein.

1601993_261450507345859_1470373356_o.jpg

:lol I think that the going rates of the DX has scared a lot of people away from trying for it. I know it stopped being a consideration for me once it past a certain point

Lol yea man I can understand that as much as I love my set there is no chance I'd entertain paying what the current 'asking price' appears to be.

Lol yea man I can understand that as much as I love my set there is no chance I'd entertain paying what the current 'asking price' appears to be.

I don't understand why the asking price should be that high. It was a one off when I bought it for that price and that was only because I really, really, REALLY wanted to own the piece.

I don't understand why the asking price should be that high. It was a one off when I bought it for that price and that was only because I really, really, REALLY wanted to own the piece.

Problem is I know of at least one other that went at 5k+ supposedly. As soon as one seller gets that amount is kind of sets a precedent and others start asking close to the shame. It's not your fault mate your entitled to spend what ever you like and go after whatever you like. It's impossible for any sale of that magnitude not to have an effect on future asking prices though. Nature of retail.

It will only stay that high is someone is willing to pay that... If they don't move - well the price will come down. Just like anything really, Just because one sold for $5000+ - doesn't mean it is necessarily worth that... but who knows????

One or two high prices does not set the rate. Take my transaction with the beto beetle juice. I paid high, there have been 6 or more transaction less than half of what I paid. In my opinion, in an auction setting I see it going for 2500-3500 regardless of the other two sales. Those two have them. It is all about timing when selling or buying.

Back