RAINMAN ARTWORK - Walter White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I thought, you interpreted my post incorrectly.

I don't have an issue with RM's catalogue of figures at all. Damn, I own most of them haha. My point was, there have been many characters dismissed on the basis that their attire didn't live up to the 'RM treatment', this being one of them I can guarantee. I pitched David from Lost Boys many moons ago in the wish list thread, and while a few were interested, most were not. I had to go that one alone eventually. I have seen too many posts over the years consisting of "it's a guy in a suit", not worth the mans time nor our money. I think it's this sort of message that hurts this type of release ever being pitched for the masses.

A classic example is Gus. I have posted that in the RM wish list thread a few times and probably had two or three positive responses. This would have got the same sort of reaction, no doubt in my mind. It's only when it's shown that everybody starts salivating.

In that case, Sir....although my sheer stubbornness (and the hellish stuff I'm drinking:duff) won't actually permit me to admit I misunderstood what you were saying at this moment in time....I will admit it seems I may have misjudged the situation. My apologies.

Now, the lack of interest in this Gus you mooted? Was it normal, speccy, seems mild-mannered, chicken slinger Gus or 'just been blown up and now has half his head and knacker sack hanging off' Gus? Because that second **** would be guaranteed to POP on any shelf, surely?

A classic example is Gus. I have posted that in the RM wish list thread a few times and probably had two or three positive responses. This would have got the same sort of reaction, no doubt in my mind. It's only when it's shown that everybody starts salivating.
A short while back DarthMagnus started an interest list in Marge Gunderson, and it went nowhere. Mainly because, I think, the character isn't "edgy" enough to satiate many Rainman collectors on the board. But if someone commissioned one, I'm sure it would look so fantastic that people would complain that he didn't do a mass release.

But then, part of that is that nearly everything Rainman does is great. So, even if he decided to do random man in a business suit it would be awesome.

I don't think it's an issue of edgy as much as character popularity. Pee wee Herman, wonka, and the exorcist priest are not edgy. I guess wonka is interesting looking. But that's why that peaky fellow never went anywhere because it was too obscure

It was probably one of those fools from Qatar that commissioned this who like to pay too much for things, I'm sure Lee would have been down to make this but no one had asked.

Always great seeing Lees work though. This is by far one of his best.

Well Fargo was one of the most popular and influential movies of the 1990s. Wonka had some nostalgia from collectors, and Pee Wee actually didn't have an overwhelming amount of interest at the time, while the Priest was simply a follow-up to Regan and wouldn't have happened by itself. By and large, Rainman collectors on the board seem to want dark and "gritty" character types.

Unless it's the Two-Face version, Gus is just a man in suit. Yea the same can be said of WW, but he does have a unique look to him and his general outfits.

I think $5000 is the going rate, I'm not sure if that's rumour or fact.

thought it was $3000/$3500 i could be wrong u could be right :)

maxresdefault.jpg

his work is absolutely stellar. so in all honesty, if he can pull that price point, then all the best :duff

Last edited:
I guess that's why I am always surprised he even considers private commission work. Obviously I have benefitted from this myself, but he could definitely make more from a general release. He must also think these characters have no mass appeal.

Last edited:
Back