Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2 heads on my thumb are not... But the full figure one is obviously... It is a great paint up - RM for sure... Just seems very 'pretty' and pale - I think we will get used to it and love this figure...

Oh! Pheww Thank Heavens...I mean no offense to Aeon. Let's see that RM Paint!

Edit: Very Pretty? That sounds scary man.

RMs full set head....
photo4_zpsec9bbc53.jpg

Oh! Pheww Thank Heavens...I mean no offense to Aeon. Let's see that RM Paint!

Edit: Very Pretty? That sounds scary man.
:lol:lol:lol

More that he looks delicate rather than troubled and hard due to perfect complection and peachy cheeks :rotfl

to me he seems too clean if that makes sense.. But we will all see something different I am sure!

:lol:lol:lol

More that he looks delicate rather than troubled and hard due to perfect complection and peachy cheeks :rotfl

to me he seems too clean if that makes sense.. But we will all see something different I am sure!

Did you get the Mohawk sculpt with RM paint as well or just the Aeons?

Last edited:
Only Aeons atm. I have the soldier coming from another member later.... I missed out on the DX and x2 full sets

The patch is annoying... I am sure most won't care, and you can't see it if you are displaying him front on. Just that, like a few others, I contacted RM directly about it and he said he got it and would be using it...:dunno

Last edited:
Customs retention :(

The "pretty" paint job is pretty typical of Rainman, where you get pinker lips and more vibrant skin tones in the face. That's a reason I also picked up the Aeon ones, because for Bickle, a paler look might be more appropriate, and that was an apparent difference in the prototype pics. I also noticed the pupil issue Ed is referring to. Looks like the jeans are a bit weathered, which I wasn't expecting.

The pupil is a real concern to me. That looks more cartoonish.

Anyway have to judge it when I got mine in hand.

Maybe marlin's angle on Bickle isn't the best angle to capture it from? Since this handpainted, maybe others will vary.

The paintwork does look exactly as it was shown on Rainmans website where Travis looks like he's wearing mascara :lol I was planning on having these painted by SilentSurfer anyways, so all is not lost as I'm thinking Nathan will be able to draw out the likeness with great realism.

The patch is very disappointing, but I can't say that I still felt like it wasn't going to be changed even with all the begging for the accurate one. In fact, I think the clothing for this was already well into production even before the official announcement of this character. It is what it is I guess. Still glad to have a quality representation of Travie on the shelf :clap

Last edited:
Only Aeons atm. I have the soldier coming from another member later.... I missed out on the DX and x2 full sets

The glasses have straight arms?? I suppose once on, you wont notice...
The patch is annoying... I am sure most won't care, and you can't see it if you are displaying him front on. Just that, like a few others, I contacted RM directly about it and he said he got it and would be using it...:dunno

Do they heads just pop on to a ttm? ... Any idea on that? Or would they need modes... Can you send a pic or two from under the neck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The paintwork does look exactly as it was shown on Rainmans website where Travis looks like he's wearing mascara :lol I was planning on having these painted by SilentSurfer anyways, so all is not lost as I'm thinking Nathan will be able to draw out the likeness with great realism.

The patch is very disappointing, but I can't say that I still felt like it wasn't going to be changed even with all the begging for the accurate one. In fact, I think the clothing for this was already well into production even before the official announcement of this character. It is what it is I guess. Still glad to have a quality representation of Travie on the shelf :clap

Would love to get your thoughts on that :dunno

But your saying the clothes were already in production before Mags even announced this release on here?

Back