Railway/model railway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake207

Super Freak
Reaction score
After a few requests from my buddy greygoose I'm opening a thread about trains and model trains!!! If you have anything connected with trains (Pictures, even stories etc.) please share with us... I will upload some WIP photos from mine & brother's model railway. Thanks for looking!
Scan_Pic0001.jpg

Scan_Pic0005.jpg

Scan_Pic0009.jpg

Scan_Pic00010.jpg

Scan_Pic00012.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

Outstanding work! I was in to the HO scale trains when my son was younger, but I just never did get as in-depth as I would have liked.

Outstanding work! I was in to the HO scale trains when my son was younger, but I just never did get as in-depth as I would have liked.

TNX! :hi5: We're building this model slowly from 2002 and I always say to my friends if you're not really into it walk away, because you will despaired before you will ever complete it! At the moment we're working on catenary system which is very popular on Europe railways...

That's some real nice work there Jake. Very impressive :clap

:hi5: RagingBull! Credits go to Mike my brother as well! When completed, almost everything will work electronically, but that's a whole lot of wires and serious soldering which can be real pain :pfft: :lol And Mike's the man for electricity.

Fantastic work buddy.:clap What locomotives do you have?

I wish I had the space and knowlege to get my Flying Scotsman up and running through the English countryside on it's way to Edinburgh.

Fantastic work buddy.:clap What locomotives do you have?

I wish I had the space and knowlege to get my Flying Scotsman up and running through the English countryside on it's way to Edinburgh.

I will take some pics and I will upload them. In our club most people decide for one particular era for example trains from 50's and they collect only that particular models. Anyway I like so many different styles so I have all kind of locomotives and wagons...

Effing brilliant!
Building our railway once every year was the highlight of my youth. It was probably the best time I had with my dad.
I still keep all the locomotives ("Loks" as we called them in German) and wagons (although those suffered greatly in storage), s well as the tracks and signals. The buildings are all pretty much screwed though...
I still dream of one day bringing it back to its former glory...

Mine are all Märklin HO, top of the line in the railway modeling world as far as I know.

That is pretty sweet... how many hours have you put into this so far?

TNX! :hi5:

Like I said me and my brother are working on it from 2002 at slow pace and we started literally from the scratch. This room was full of junk, so we had to clear it first before starting to work on our railway. Everything you see on the pics was made from me and my brother no one helped us! First we were carpenters, now electricians :lol and final phase will be landscape. How many hours? Honestly I have no idea, but the number is great indeed!

Effing brilliant!
Building our railway once every year was the highlight of my youth. It was probably the best time I had with my dad.
I still keep all the locomotives ("Loks" as we called them in German) and wagons (although those suffered greatly in storage), s well as the tracks and signals. The buildings are all pretty much screwed though...
I still dream of one day bringing it back to its former glory...

Mine are all Märklin HO, top of the line in the railway modeling world as far as I know.

:exactly: You know right! :1-1: Marklin is the oldest and biggest model railway
manufacturer in the world!

cool thread......:lecture

between my nephew and i we have 8 train sets from z to g scale. we dont have a dedicated room which is what one really needs but we do have a few pieces of plywood with different track configurations that we set up from time to time. your work so far is great. and the cool thing about train dios is that you can add to them for years and years and years and years and years and years.............:gah:.........:lol

Awesome. This is one of those hobbies I would have loved to done if I was a millionaire and had a big house. :)

cool thread......:lecture

between my nephew and i we have 8 train sets from z to g scale. we dont have a dedicated room which is what one really needs but we do have a few pieces of plywood with different track configurations that we set up from time to time. your work so far is great. and the cool thing about train dios is that you can add to them for years and years and years and years and years and years.............:gah:.........:lol

:hi5: z to g scale now that's something! Respect!
Here's a short video clip from our Railway club (note unfinished WIP landscape...).
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCW3Clw-Ow&feature=related"]Bolšji sejem male železnice 2009 - sobotno dogajanje - YouTube[/ame]

And the biggest model railway I've seen in person located in Munich Germany... Enjoy! :wave
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZQTQB3lD48"]Deutsches Museum Trains - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome. This is one of those hobbies I would have loved to done if I was a millionaire and had a big house. :)

We were lucky with room to spare and indeed this is a very expensive hobby that's the main reason why we're keeping it slow... :lol

It's been ages since I last built the tracks...
Actually, I think the last time it was fully built was in '83! I've had the trains running on small tracks every now and then, just to check that everything's still working, but they're in dire need of maintenance.
I think the last bits and pieces we bought were in '79 or '80, most of the locomotives are from the late sixties and early seventies.
Amazing little pieces of engineering.

Gawd, I love stuff like this. Was into trains when I was younger. I always wanted to do hardcore stuff like this but time/money prevented it. Always loved steam engines and 50s era trains.

That is talented, beautuful work, man. I'll follow this thread closely.:hi5:

Gawd, I love stuff like this. Was into trains when I was younger. I always wanted to do hardcore stuff like this but time/money prevented it. Always loved steam engines and 50s era trains.

That is talented, beautuful work, man. I'll follow this thread closely.:hi5:

TNX man I appreciate it! :hi5: During summer and early autumn progress is kinda slow due to my brother's 2 jobs so we're scattered all over the place. Late autumn and especially winter is the time when our model railway comes alive again... I will keep you posted! :wave

Back