Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nexus/JonEl, I think you completely missed the point I was making. Not once did I say these figures should not be made or that they are off limits OR that SSCs versions were the be all to end all.

All those figures should be revisited. BUT Asmus made a very smart strategic decision to launch the villians right out the gate, armored no less. These are the very figures SSCs completely avoided. If they would have heavily loaded Aragon, Legalas and the Hobbits front the start, well that's the same model SSCs followed and that didn't prove very successful.

As shown by the numbers, the market isn't very vast. Certainly the main guys will likely be made but the villians never saw even a tease during SSCs run. I think Asmus' approach shows how deep into the genre they are willing to go.

It also gives them some room to work out the bugs before they tackle the big boys. Can you imagine where this would have been if they followed the Superman, Darth Vader and Captain Kirk program and it ended up with electrical tape all over Aragorn's base body.

Easy fix but it would have been a big PR problem given the importance of the character.

Last edited:
Gimili is much trickier than we thought,
Apart from the complex armors,
there is also ocean wide of beard and hair.
we are working for a solution to avoid limiting too much movements with the massive hair at front and back.

Also there is the dwarf body that will need to be developed and produced for Gimli.
But once it's done, we can go on with Thorin and other dwarfs(even Hobbits) with minor adjustment.

we are working for a solution to avoid limiting too much movements with the massive hair at front and back.

Also there is the dwarf body that will need to be developed and produced for Gimli.
But once it's done, we can go on with Thorin and other dwarfs(even Hobbits) with minor adjustment.

You have no idea how awesome that is to here. Lord of the Rings and the hobbit have been my favorite books since I was 5 and once the movies came out they quickly became my favorite and up till 2013 the market of 1/6th Middle Earth collectibles has been pretty dry and non-existent. I really hope this line takes off for you guys because if you keep delivering great figures I'll be here till the end of it.

Gimli has been my most wanted LOTR character for the longest so just hearing an inkling of news is awesome! :rock

and Thorin?!?! :thud:

Thorin!!!��. Niiiiice.

But what I the other dwarves? I hope we get them all.

Asmus - have you guys thought about doing pre-orders maybe for larger items like a scaled Treebeard or Cave Trolls? I'm sure price would be high and quantities low but there might be enough guys willing to throw some cash out there to get it done. These would be massive pieces but doable.

If spread out over 4 or 5 years I would love to get all 13 dwarves. 2 Hobbit figures and 4 Lord of the Rings figures a year would be close to taping out my resources so while I'd love to see them all in a year or two a slower release of them will ensure I can get them all.

I wonder if they mean next week for updates this being Friday. I'd like to at least see more on Eowyn and Aragorn would be over the top great.

Thus far I've gotten Witch King and pre-ordered Gandalf. I will also preorder Ringwraith on steed when it goes up. Definitely looking forward to the reveals for Aragorn, Eowyn and Gimli, at which point I may circle back around for Gothmog. I would like to see some of the Elves start to join the ranks. Legolas, Arwen and Tauriel from the Hobbit for starters. Hopefully the Hobbits will be tackled in short order. Again, LotR and The Hobbit really has the makings of such a rich line and deep line, so hoping nothing upsets the apple cart.

I will pick up the WK in the coming months and would definitely get a Lurtz (assuming he is made).

Sauron and a Balrog are nothing more than a pipe dream although the Nazgul and Steed is really tempting.

Good to know a dwarf body is being developed. I think a soft plastic beard would be the way to go so it doesn't limit articulation too much. The mustache could be a separate piece.

Since I read that ASMUS are developing a new body will you be re-releasing the Witch-King again with the new improved body?

Thanks.

Yes, we have an upgraded body under development,
hopefully for Skully we can start using it! (Was planed for Gandalf)

When it is ready and approved to be good,
we will develop a piece to make it taller for Morgul Lord
and we will have a special package to buy it in a cheaper way.

Hopefully that will fix WK once and for all

Back