Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I am one that would definitely prefer LOTR figures over "The Hobbit" figures, I certainly understand those that want more "Hobbit" figures. They definitely deserve more than the few that have been released already.

I think I speak for all of us here that we would be willing to have Asmus replace a LOTR figure in the queue, for a "the Hobbit" figure. So with that in mind, let's move Haldir down to number 20 or 21 on the queue, just so that we can help our "The Hobbit" brothers have more "The Hobbit" figures in their collections!

One big Middle Earth family! Everyone's happy!

:clap:blissy:duff:hi5::inlove:mexwave:woo:rock2:ted:banana

1644202765007.gif

I couldn`t have put my thoughts on this discussion down any better than Bucky Underbelly has said above. Very fair and balanced in my opinion.
I am sure some characters wanted by some may not be on the priority list of others whether from LOTR or The Hobbit. I love both adaptations, warts and all, so a few more figures from The Hobbit is fine by me. I would defo go for Azog!
Yeah I agree, it’s a great post, everyone has different priorities over what figures they want…in an ideal world we’d get everyone made, but whatever Hobbit, LOTR figures get made, it’s all Middle Earth to me…I really don’t mind…I’m greedy I want them all! :lol

While I am one that would definitely prefer LOTR figures over "The Hobbit" figures, I certainly understand those that want more "Hobbit" figures. They definitely deserve more than the few that have been released already.

I think I speak for all of us here that we would be willing to have Asmus replace a LOTR figure in the queue, for a "the Hobbit" figure. So with that in mind, let's move Haldir down to number 20 or 21 on the queue, just so that we can help our "The Hobbit" brothers have more "The Hobbit" figures in their collections!

One big Middle Earth family! Everyone's happy!

:clap:blissy:duff:hi5::inlove:mexwave:woo:rock2:ted:banana
One big Middle Earth family who is nervously waiting for the Amazon series. Like, we are all used to Peter Jackson and the wonderful casting and aesthetics.

Bein' a Hobbit fan - one reason being that I was ecstatic about seeing more of Middle Earth, and sadly the battles in the North have been neglected (even if details would have to be made up). Erebor and Mirkwood; Dol Guldur and Laketown. One day I'm gonna mod ASMUS' "Door to Haberdashery" into a Laketown door for Bard.

As for sales - IMO without a movie to drive things, I figure folks - like me - think they can wait. Especially if you have POs stacked up. ASMUS isn't THAT well known compared to Hot Toys - I still see questions, now and then, asking about the company.
Then a figure sells out completely and the aftermarket price shoots up.

So I'm real glad I finally got my Legolas DX order in at Sideshow.:archer
I wish they'd do a Hobbit version.
I wish I could pick up a second Galadriel too, just because; but $$$$$$

One big Middle Earth family who is nervously waiting for the Amazon series. Like, we are all used to Peter Jackson and the wonderful casting and aesthetics...
I don't have a good feeling about that one. I truly hope I'm wrong.

I hope they don't try to turn it into a raunchy "Game of Thrones" version of Middle Earth.

I hope they don't try to turn it into a raunchy "Game of Thrones" version of Middle Earth.
I think we'll be alright.

For one, Martin wrote Game of Thrones to be raunchy. Tolkien has nothing of the sort in his writing, and they respected that going into the LOTR films. In fact, we only saw two Lord of the Rings relationships with almost zero intimacy on screen...Aragorn and Arwen and then the Tauriel thing. They completely ignored Faramir and Eowyn's relationship.

Now, I know Peter Jackson isn't involved here with the except of reading scripts and giving his thoughts, but with many Tolkien scholars involved in the production (at the rest of the Tolkien estate), I can't really see them shoehorning in a bunch of sex and nudity. They have to be aware at how poorly that would be received with how much the fans have been explicitly saying they don't want this to be another GOT.

For the amount of money that Amazon has poured into this series, I don't see them doing anything to turn viewers away. Maybe I'm just being optimistic but with the way LOTR has been held in high esteem for not watering the story down with nonsense, I am hopeful they will continue that in the series.

I think we'll be alright.

For one, Martin wrote Game of Thrones to be raunchy. Tolkien has nothing of the sort in his writing, and they respected that going into the LOTR films. In fact, we only saw two Lord of the Rings relationships with almost zero intimacy on screen...Aragorn and Arwen and then the Tauriel thing. They completely ignored Faramir and Eowyn's relationship.

Now, I know Peter Jackson isn't involved here with the except of reading scripts and giving his thoughts, but with many Tolkien scholars involved in the production (at the rest of the Tolkien estate), I can't really see them shoehorning in a bunch of sex and nudity. They have to be aware at how poorly that would be received with how much the fans have been explicitly saying they don't want this to be another GOT.

For the amount of money that Amazon has poured into this series, I don't see them doing anything to turn viewers away. Maybe I'm just being optimistic but with the way LOTR has been held in high esteem for not watering the story down with nonsense, I am hopeful they will continue that in the series.
I don't wish to dwell further into this topic and possibly derail the thread, but in today's political and social climate, nothing surprises me anymore. Even Tolkien's work is not immune and can be hijacked to bring in cursory fans or push certain agendas.

I don't wish to dwell further into this topic and possibly derail the thread, but in today's political and social climate, nothing surprises me anymore. Even Tolkien's work is not immune and can be hijacked to bring in cursory fans or push certain agendas.
Believe me. I'm worried too. I'm so weary of politics hijacking everything. Nothing can just be fun or entertaining or taken at face value anymore. I'm very worried Tolkien will fall victim to it too. My one hope is knowing how protective the Tolkien Estate is of the work. I know they were furious at some of the things done in The Hobbit movies (Christopher Tolkien trashed LOTR in particular, amazingly). I'm hopeful that they'll have kept a keen eye on things during development to make sure the spirit of Tolkien survives.

But then again, maybe I'm just being foolishly hopeful. Like I said in a Star Wars thread, I don't want to hate the things I love. So, I'm being positive until it airs and hoping for the best.

100% agree. I am afraid that they will make it feel un-Tolkien.

I also saw a few episodes of Wheel of Time and was painfully underwhelmed by it. I can’t believe how much was spent per episode with that being the end result. Never made it to the rest of the season.

There is an incredible amount of anxiety, hope and excitement for the Amazon series. So far rumors seem promising, a healthy mix of safe/expected and some risky choices. Won’t spoil anything but the fact we may see some earlier events of two ages is amazing. I hope we get figures from Asmus, especially Adar. The trailer comes out during Super Bowl so we should get a better idea of what we are dealing with soon!

There is an incredible amount of anxiety, hope and excitement for the Amazon series. So far rumors seem promising, a healthy mix of safe/expected and some risky choices. Won’t spoil anything but the fact we may see some earlier events of two ages is amazing. I hope we get figures from Asmus, especially Adar. The trailer comes out during Super Bowl so we should get a better idea of what we are dealing with soon!
Is it confirmed for Superbowl?
Amazing!!

So here's a question for Asmus ...

Are you guys in the running to get the license to produce 1/6 figures from the Amazon show? I'm sure you can't confirm or deny at this point, but I thought I'd ask anyway! Just in case!

So here's a question for Asmus ...

Are you guys in the running to get the license to produce 1/6 figures from the Amazon show? I'm sure you can't confirm or deny at this point, but I thought I'd ask anyway! Just in case!
Unfortunately we do not have the license yet.
we are still working on it, but so far there is no lucky.

Someone who works at United Cutlery (they do the prop replicas for The Hobbit and LOTR) has said they’ve been contacting Amazon frequently about the license but they’re not giving it out to anyone yet, and from what he heard probably not until after season one starts or even finishes.

Someone who works at United Cutlery (they do the prop replicas for The Hobbit and LOTR) has said they’ve been contacting Amazon frequently about the license but they’re not giving it out to anyone yet, and from what he heard probably not until after season one starts or even finishes.
I assume it is a good news,
it means they are very confident in their project.

100% agree. I am afraid that they will make it feel un-Tolkien.

I also saw a few episodes of Wheel of Time and was painfully underwhelmed by it. I can’t believe how much was spent per episode with that being the end result. Never made it to the rest of the season.
If you haven't seen the article in vanity fair on the tv series with pictures... first look at the amazon LOTR tv series

- Elrond and their interpretation of him with a more contemporary hairstyle has already taken me out of the moment. I am surprised the Tolkien estate let them change quite a lot?

If you haven't seen the article in vanity fair on the tv series with pictures... first look at the amazon LOTR tv series

- Elrond and their interpretation of him with a more contemporary hairstyle has already taken me out of the moment. I am surprised the Tolkien estate let them change quite a lot?
Am I the only one that doesn’t know that Elrond is only half elf?

Back