Question regarding Mass Effect DLC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am about halfway through my second playthrough of ME2. I don't have any DLC but I am contemplating pulling the trigger on the additional missions and such. I read that the Liara/Shadowbroker mission works well after the suicide mission. What about the other stuff? Should that be done before, after, or does it not matter?

I am about halfway through my second playthrough of ME2. I don't have any DLC but I am contemplating pulling the trigger on the additional missions and such. I read that the Liara/Shadowbroker mission works well after the suicide mission. What about the other stuff? Should that be done before, after, or does it not matter?

Hey there! :wave

I hope you are enjoying the Mass Effect trilogy so far. To answer your question, I compiled the answers here:

Zaeed -The Price of Revenge

and

Kasumi - Stolen Memory

are of course best played before the Suicide Mission, because they are additional characters, and that's always good. Plus, that means you will be able to gain their loyalty beforehand. So it's also best to get them before the Legion mission.

Arrival is best played (imo) after the Suicide Mission. The reason for that is that it deals with the Reapers and the fact that they are on their way to the galaxy, traversing Dark Space. If you have done the suicide mission and disabled the Collector General, it will also be Harbinger's hologram that appears to talk with you, instead of the Collector General's hologram.

All in all, Arrival, chronologically, fits way more after the suicide mission, as it serves as a bridge between ME2 and ME3.

Lair of the Shadow Broker can be done at any time, so that's just up to preference, I guess. I would go with doing it when you get to Ilium. Not sure if it's possible, but do it around the time that you meet Liara, if that is possible.

Normandy Crash Site DLC is of course best done before the Suicide Mission. It's also very small, and more of an 'extra'.

Overlord.. that's a hard one. I'd say both ways goes. That's up to preference.

I hope that helped you a bit. Not sure if it did, but if it did, then it was worth it. :p

Arrival is the only one I play after the final mission. As Kelras said, it's really meant to be played after it. All others I play well before the suicide mission at various times in the story. Just mix it up with whatever you feel like doing. They are all good and worth the money.

Back