Question: Hot Toys Alien Kane and Dallas 12 inch figures collect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainAmerica

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi All,

Question for the members. I have two Hot Toys Alien Kane and Dallas 12 inch figures in mint/never opened, boxed condition. I was thinking of putting them up for sale in order to make room for some of the newest Hot Toys releases that have (as they all do!) caught my eye. My question is: Are these two particular figures considered to be highly collectible? Or are they so readily available and/or made in such high numbers that they will not considerably appreciate in value, even if kept in mint condition? Your input and two cents is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :wave

hell yeah they're highly collectible. i quit my job paid off my mortgage with them.

Sadly they're not as collectable as some of us would like. There are several reasons for this:

1) The rubber suits = rot. Collectors learned from ED209.
2) Kane did not look like JOhn Hurt
3) HT only made three astronauts and didnt make Lambert to complete the trio.
4) Limited posability?

I have Dallas and he's been back in the box since week 1.

ignore these haters. they're just trying to get you to sell yours to them for cheap. post them on ebay for big $$, quit your job, and live the easy life like i did. i'll be looking forward to swapping yachting stories with you.

The rubber rot panic squad has spoken.

Go sniff them all now.

The preds dreads are made of the same stuff.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

ignore these haters. they're just trying to get you to sell yours to them for cheap. post them on ebay for big $$, quit your job, and live the easy life like i did. i'll be looking forward to swapping yachting stories with you.

Yeah, you and your bigoted buddies can all sit around chuckling about that one. Yuk yuk.

Question for the members. I have two Hot Toys Alien Kane and Dallas 12 inch figures in mint/never opened, boxed condition.

You'll at least have to open them up and check, I think. A few months someone posted that they inspected their boxed Kane figure and found the suit was ruined, all rotten and stuck to the packaging. You could be the same if you've never looked recently.

That thread you can find here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96025

But as others have said, if it is good condition, you'll most certainly be able to buy a new house and a car from the sale. If you play things right with what you got here, you wont have to work another day of your life.

You'll at least have to open them up and check, I think. A few months someone posted that they inspected their boxed Kane figure and found the suit was ruined, all rotten and stuck to the packaging. You could be the same if you've never looked recently.

That thread you can find here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96025

But as others have said, if it is good condition, you'll most certainly be able to buy a new house and a car from the sale. If you play things right with what you got here, you wont have to work another day of your life.

Thanks, another member also suggested checking the figures for rubber decay. I did and both the Dallas and Kane were in excellent condition, with no signs of deterioration. Shame that for such an expensive collectible figure, Hot Toys didn't use material that was more durable.

med_rich%20yacht%20club.jpg

Back