Question for the Whedonites: Definitive Buffy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olvidadero said:
I can think of at least 5 Buffy figures that I consider flawless: Human Spike, Vamp Buffy, Lorne, Origins Angel, Der Kindestod. The rest are all great to me except for 3 or 4 (PG Buffy, Willow, Faith and Subway Spike).

What is it you don't like about Subway Spike ? I got a second vampire Spike and threw the long coat on to hide the exposed joints and its pretty good. Of course I think he should have come with the regular leather jacket you see him wearing in a later flashback. If I found one of those I'd probably display it with that. I'd toss Vampire Darla and Angellus in as flawless as well.

LordAzrael said:
What is it you don't like about Subway Spike ? I got a second vampire Spike and threw the long coat on to hide the exposed joints and its pretty good. Of course I think he should have come with the regular leather jacket you see him wearing in a later flashback. If I found one of those I'd probably display it with that. I'd toss Vampire Darla and Angellus in as flawless as well.

The exposed arm joints issue, which, as you said, is easily solved (even though that wasn't too much of a thoughtful thing Sideshow did by not including a coat for him) was one of the problems. But what I don't like about Subway Spike is the sculpt. I'm not a fan of his expression, especially the mouth. The paint is superb, the teeth, the lips, but it seems as if they were trying really hard to make him look menacing and angry and they ended up doing a sickly "I smell poop" Spike. Apart from that, it looks as if Spike had spent a month in the Caribbean, getting a pretty striking tan. With all that, even the worst figure in the line has its strong points for me. Subway Spike is not a disaster, but it's one of my least favourites.

I forgot about Angelus, I think he's flawless as well, I love him. As for Darla, even though I love the overall look of the figure, I'm not a fan of the face sculpt, as with Subway Spike. She looks weird, looking up high, and the mouth doesn't look that good either. I know the sculpt was inspired in a freezed moment of her first appearance in BtVS, and as that, it succeeds, but as a "Darla figure" has a lot of flaws, in my honest opinion.

Other figures: Drusilla would be a perfect 10 if she hadn't that big stretched mouth and if Sideshow had included Ms. Edith as an accesory. Human Oz is one of the best human sculpts, but again, I was disappointed at Sideshow for not giving us a guitar, when they sculpted his hands to make a guitar fit perfectly. The figure itself, for me, is flawless anyway.

Back