Question for all custom gods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DARKSIDE COLLECTOR

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey,I have been trying to get my 3 custom Superman heads onto figures and they never look right.I have a Reeve sculpt buy Numo,A Dean Cain sculpt by diver4 from ebay and a George Reeves sculpt by Jim Maddox.I have tried to go the Les Walker route and put them on a old 12"Mego body because the sculpts are a little big.They just dont seem "real enough" when I do it.If I put the heads on a bbi body they look too big.I guess the real problem is getting Clothes and boots to fit the Mego bodies.Any suggestions?I was thinking sideshow,hot toys or triad bodies,but I dont have any extras to try it on.Any help would be great as I have been working on these for over 2 years off and on.

The newer SOTW(Soldiers of the World) bodies might work. I used one for a custom Chris Reeve Superman and it worked well. They are tall and have broad chests.

I put mine on a HT body. A little more muscle would have been great, but I'm quite happy with him!

DSC00994.jpg

I put them on mego bodies and they look the right scale,but finding pro.looking boots and costumes to fit is impossible.I can sew well and having my "mommy do it"is not working.I dont own any other types of bodies so I can see the difference.I have spent so much money on what I put into them,I could have had somebody who knew what they were doing,do them for me.

By the way 16k,that figure is awesome.I love how you did the boots.I am going to have to make mine as well,because the mego bodies are really muscular.I purchased a model body from an art store that looked like Reeves body,it was just small in the chest.

The Triad body suits won't fit the 12" Mego body, it's too small. There was a place, Dr. Mego, who used to do full body suits in several colors, but he has stopped doing the 12" body suits, said not enough demand for them. I think maybe we can convince him otherwise. I will take pics of my WIP Kingdom Come Supes, that has a hs from Lonnie on a Mego body. Looks fine, neck might be a bit long, but other than that its fine. I myself am stuck for boots and hands! I want fists on him, but no fists seem to fit the Mego body. Umm, I am going to try the boots pattern that 16K posted.

Back