Question: Does the 1:1 Grevious Bust fit in a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if it's possible. I know the Yoda 1:1 Bust fit's in quite nicely and it's dimensions are 20"H x 15"w x 11"D. The Grievous 1:1's dimensions are 23"H x 11"w x 11"D.

Trying to save myself a trip to Ikea along with $90 for another Besta when I have an empty Detolf here at home...

Yup, got my grevious in a Detolf right now. Its a little snug but it fits and actually looks pretty good. The Detolf really compliments its tall slender dimensions.

You guys like your Grievious 1:1's? I'm having a hard time deciding between Palpatine & the Grievious 1:1. The Grievious would make a little more sense because I wouldn't have to go out and purchase another Besta and would fit in my empty Detolf.

My current set-up on this side of the room looks like this:
Picture759.jpg

What I'm thinking about doing is moving the wrestling belts into the empty Detolf and flanking the Grievious 1:1 in the same spot in the Detolf on the right as the Yoda 1:1 in the left Detolf. I could always move my Hot Toys TDK figs down to the 3rd shelf in that Detolf and move the MR Kermit down.

If I got the Palpatine, we are talking about an extra $90 for another Besta and I'd have to move the Detolfs into another part of the room. Tough decision, but I'm trying to get the one which makes the most sense in a set-up like this.

Of the two, I'd get Palpatine over Grievous but that's more character preference, they're both great busts.

My only dilemma is the space in this room. A 9x12 rug fits this room perfectly and besides what you see in the pic, I've got a plasma TV and a futon as well. I have to be careful as far as what I pick up because this room is on the small side.

The Grievious would make more sense and I could easily slide that into the Detolf opposite the Yoda...but the Palpatine is really nice and would look good with my MR Vader Helmet. The problem ,with Palp, is a short term solution where to place it. I'd have to temporarily put it on top of my empty Detolf which would look funny or bring in a bookcase to have it sit for awhile. Both are great busts and it causes a dilemma for sure.

Who would like a base that rotates and has a circular plexi cover for figures. I'm looking at this idea with another collector to see if we can get these made.

Well I'd say just get which ever bust YOU like more..... Always my cardinal rule. If you like BOTH, then I'd get both and figure a way to display them all. IMO, it looks like you could use another display case :D

You guys like your Grievious 1:1's? I'm having a hard time deciding between Palpatine & the Grievious 1:1. The Grievious would make a little more sense because I wouldn't have to go out and purchase another Besta and would fit in my empty Detolf.

My current set-up on this side of the room looks like this:
Picture759.jpg

What I'm thinking about doing is moving the wrestling belts into the empty Detolf and flanking the Grievious 1:1 in the same spot in the Detolf on the right as the Yoda 1:1 in the left Detolf. I could always move my Hot Toys TDK figs down to the 3rd shelf in that Detolf and move the MR Kermit down.

If I got the Palpatine, we are talking about an extra $90 for another Besta and I'd have to move the Detolfs into another part of the room. Tough decision, but I'm trying to get the one which makes the most sense in a set-up like this.

whats the name of that middle display shelf and what did you put in the back of the Detolf's?

whats the name of that middle display shelf and what did you put in the back of the Detolf's?

That's a Besta with Tombo doors.

In back of the Detolf's, I custom fit a sheet of black poster board. It's held up by velcro of all things. It gives it a nice clean look instead of looking at the wall in back of it.

That's a Besta with Tombo doors.

In back of the Detolf's, I custom fit a sheet of black poster board. It's held up by velcro of all things. It gives it a nice clean look instead of looking at the wall in back of it.

I'll look into that shelf next time I go to Ikea, thanks

Back