Question about the announced DC licensing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that SSC have the licensing to produce DC collectibles, will this have any affect on the amount of Marvel collectibles?

Such as less Marvel pieces produced each year.

Any details?

Edit: other than Marvel this question applies to all licenses like Star Wars, LOTR, etc...

Last edited:
Yup, Sideshow just announced they lost the Marvel license of their facebook page.

All future Marvel products have been canceled.

While I'm sure we'll all want official answers, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will have absolutely NO effect on Marvel. Sideshow treats each license for those who only collect that license not for a lot of us who are all over the place. Not to mention Marvel is one of their cash cows, why would they risk that?

Star Wars is huge, arguably as huge as Marvel for Sideshow and neither have an effect on one another. I'm sure SSC is treating this like another license and not special because they are both comic licenses.

What it will mean is they will need to hire more sculptors and another factory LOL.

Some of Andy's DC sculpts are mindblowing. I hope he is in the front of the line for some of SSC's pieces.

Haven't all the main marvel characters already been done in all formats? Unless you are holding out for some Ant Man pF . .

Haven't all the main marvel characters already been done in all formats? Unless you are holding out for some Ant Man pF . .

What is 'Main' to one is not to another.

I'm still waiting for Iron fist, Nova, Gladiator, Ant-Venom, War Machine, Red Hulk, and loads of others that aren't as mainstream as Iron Man or Spider-Man.

marvel is still huge seller for sideshow and marvel...would be bad business for either to part company

I dont know about who is the best in the industry ... but I have to say I do feel worry about handling an extra franchise ... especially it is the freaking D and C ....

Is it strictly dc or will we possibly see stuff from wb movies like Harry Potter figures.

The price is expensive and the cheap ones sell out quick. I am confused how they can charge so much most of their clients must be #$@$$@#% sorry that was going to be political so I edited it. LOL

Back