Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned out really lovely. Still think JND is the one to own, but to those who only get this will be a very nice piece to their collection.
I agree now, after seeing it. So glad I got the JND!! But this still looks great and different!

uLEd5Pl.jpg

jY4BEBV.jpg

CH7WT4i.jpg

ZSZrEFs.jpg

Ara2i90.jpg

lJ77irI.jpg

Qe0U5DO.jpg

Sensational. They actually did a better job on the hair than JND did.
You know I thought so too, but if you really look Heath's hair is darker in some shots. So, I don't mind the differences. I love that JND piece. I was just messing around online looking at Heath joker pics and I found some where his hair is darker. But either way, I love that each statue is different! I will be looking forward to this one!

You know I thought so too, but if you really look Heath's hair is darker in some shots. So, I don't mind the differences. I love that JND piece. I was just messing around online looking at Heath joker pics and I found some where his hair is darker. But either way, I love that each statue is different! I will be looking forward to this one!
It's not just the colour, but the styling looks more natural too. It just looks more realistic. I still like the JND hair, but this is definitely better. The different tones in it just adds to the realism too.

It's not just the colour, but the styling looks more natural too. It just looks more realistic. I still like the JND hair, but this is definitely better. The different tones in it just adds to the realism too.
Agree, I never rated JNDs joker especially due to the thick, monotone inaccurate coloured hair and poor hairline (not sure if that came across in the past!) :D

This looks great from queen but I think I still prefer sculpted honestly - as long as that version turns out good

The artist's edition may be superior but I prefer keeping it simple if the sculpted is comparable

Agree, I never rated JNDs joker especially due to the thick, monotone inaccurate coloured hair and poor hairline (not sure if that came across in the past!) :D

This looks great from queen but I think I still prefer sculpted honestly - as long as that version turns out good

The artist's edition may be superior but I prefer keeping it simple if the sculpted is comparable
Hahaha, you might have mentioned that a few times in th JND thread :lol

In all honesty, the JND hair is actually great in person, and I'm usually very fussy. The use of hair product to style it is what makes it look a little thick but it just makes it look wet more than anything. You can always wash some of the product out to thin it out and make it look more messy and natural, like some people have done, but I'm fine with it as is. The thickness is a complete non-issue in person, as well as the hairline. My friend who usually hates faux hair on statues saw it in person and was impressed. Enlarged, close up pics will always exaggerate details.

In saying that, QS did it better, but you would expect so as it was done by the artist himself. If JND did all their production heads like the prototype it would look just as good. QS has a more messy look to it, as opposed to looking like he just came out of a salon, and the use of highlights in the hair makes it look more lifelike.

Nothing wrong with the standard version. Lots of people prefer sculpted hair over faux hair. For a character like this, I always prefer faux hair personally as it just takes the realism to the next level, but tbh I'm not sure if it's worth it for the price Queen charged. As much as I liked it, my justification at the time was that I wasn't planning to get either of the 1:3 offerings, but then I ended up getting the JND Joker once it released lol.

Nothing wrong with the standard version. Lots of people prefer sculpted hair over faux hair. For a character like this, I always prefer faux hair personally as it just takes the realism to the next level, but tbh I'm not sure if it's worth it for the price Queen charged. As much as I liked it, my justification at the time was that I wasn't planning to get either of the 1:3 offerings, but then I ended up getting the JND Joker once it released lol.
I think 1/3 have a better impact in hand, they just look more impressive which doesn't come across in pics, I accept that

For quarter scales, I guess rooted hair isn't as important as the piece is smaller so the overall look is what I'm concerned with. At normal viewing distance the individual hairs become less important to me, at that scale. Plus there is a different type of artistry involved with sculpting realistic hair. This rooted looks amazing, but I'm glad to save money and wait for the sculpted :)

Why are we comparing this to JND? First off this is a 1/4 not a 1/3 made by two different companies. Second the likeness is far more superior then JND. That’s a fact so get over it all you JND owners. All I want to see is what the sculpted hair version looks like. Not sure why they haven’t shown it yet.

Why are we comparing this to JND? First off this is a 1/4 not a 1/3 made by two different companies. Second the likeness is far more superior then JND. That’s a fact so get over it all you JND owners. All I want to see is what the sculpted hair version looks like. Not sure why they haven’t shown it yet.
They said stay tuned for that one, it will come. I think they don't want to take the glory away from the artist's edition as it is double the price after all

And comparisons will be made with other companies, they're both high end museum poses of the same character with tailored suit and rooted hair

Oh is it just bad translation? The wording makes it sound like they have another 1/4 version planned.

I wouldn't go to full on bold like that, the hair on this piece is still completely amiss. He has yellow straw hair and full green hair coming directly from the roots, and the hairline is almost identical to JND's. As with likeness, well yes his face looks like it does in that scene, JND amalgamated the scene with artistic license, so understandable to some degree for those that don't see the likeness.

It's a very nice piece, but I would argue it doesn't really have much of a presence, if you collect other statues it isn't exactly going to stand out. There's faults with all statues and collectibles, but yes, the portrait if very nice.

I think 1/3 have a better impact in hand, they just look more impressive which doesn't come across in pics, I accept that

For quarter scales, I guess rooted hair isn't as important as the piece is smaller so the overall look is what I'm concerned with. At normal viewing distance the individual hairs become less important to me, at that scale. Plus there is a different type of artistry involved with sculpting realistic hair. This rooted looks amazing, but I'm glad to save money and wait for the sculpted :)
You're right, on a smaller scale it's less important, and one less thing to worry about. Besides, the paint style is pretty basic, so I can't see the regular edition being that much different in terms of paint tbh.

I brought that up, as they are both high-end statues of the same character, both with rooted hair. I simply said the hair on this is better. No comparisons were made in regards to likeness, no one said the JND likeness was better lol (which by the way is an opinion not a fact). I do own the JND, but I'm getting this too so I don't care. Comparisons of different statues based on the same character will always be made. Weird post tbh.

They said stay tuned for updates on the sculpted version by the way.

He has yellow straw hair and full green hair coming directly from the roots, and the hairline is almost identical to JND's. As with likeness, well yes his face looks like it does in that scene, JND amalgamated the scene with artistic license, so understandable to some degree for those that don't see the likeness
The hairline is not almost identical :D
You're right, on a smaller scale it's less important, and one less thing to worry about. Besides, the paint style is pretty basic, so I can't see the regular edition being that much different in terms of paint tbh.
I'm defo hoping that lol we've got a bit of a wait for the sculpted I reckon, hopefully you'll have the artist's edition soon

The hairline is not almost identical :D

I'm defo hoping that lol we've got a bit of a wait for the sculpted I reckon, hopefully you'll have the artist's edition soon

I disagree, look at the mound of plastic where the hair just about glues on, it's in borderline the exact same shape as JND's, except because it's plastic it has a hardline in the exact same shape, JND's is punctured so it at least looks like a hairline.

I have the Viper headsculpt and hair also, I think it's great but still not the best, it's certainly better than what has been done for this piece, as it actually has his more realistic hair colour unlike this one. But both suffer the same problem of puffy hair syndrome, where suddenly his hairline starts and he has the thickest mane around with the side of his head where the hair leans really puffing out. In that regard JND is easily better as it replicates actual hair strands and doesn't have the same puffyness. Their let down was painting the entirety of it green which is astounding.

Finally, someone who took the time to futz with the hair. Looks so damn good in that video.

Just going to say it, the JND likeness isn't even 90% to begin with, so this hair argument is the least of its problems. Queen sculpt is Joker. No excuses need to be made for it being scene specific or whatever. When you see the Queen head, the likeness is not questioned.

joker.jpg

Last edited:
Finally, someone who took the time to futz with the hair. Looks so damn good in that video.

Just going to say it, the JND likeness isn't even 90% to begin with, so this hair argument is the least of its problems. Queen sculpt is Joker. No excuses need to be made for it being scene specific or whatever. When you see the Queen head, the likeness is not questioned.

View attachment 566623
Exactly, JND hair and likeness is bad in comparison. Just look at that hairline.

I'm not saying it doesn't look impressive in hand. But accuracy and likeness means more to me than the materials

View attachment 566623

If you look at the features on Heath's face you will see that they match up on the JND piece almost perfectly, I don't know how some of you can't see this:

received_479805013761655.jpeg

Even your comparison pic shows this, in which you purposely chose a horrible pic to prove your point.

What's throwing some of you off is that JND took artistic liberties in the facial expression and hairstyle, as well as the make-up to an extent, rather than trying to copy it exactly as it is in that screenshot. Sometimes the way a character looks on-screen does not translate very well to a statue. It's undeniably Heath though.

I mean, literally most people love this statue and see the likeness. Its a very small minority that don't, and likely for the reasons above. The QS is obvious because they literally copied it exactly from the scene.

Back