Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I sure hope the 1/12 characters are also released in 1/6. I was so excited about Wonder Fest, but it's only getting me more and more concerned about InArt's focus moving forward. I buy a few 1/12 figures, but premium quality pricy InArt 1/12 would be a massive waste of time to me, zero interest in even seeing their 1/12 Batman.

Last edited:
I don't find 1/12 with soft goods works as well. Looking at Mezco, they look pudgy because the fabric adds width and looks disproportionate to the figure's height. You lose that muscle definition on spandex costumes unless they're able to do what HT does, soft foam/rubber defined muscles under the fabric, at a smaller scale. For it to look decent, I would think at minimum, it has to be 1/10 or 1/9 scale.

Honestly I dont see this 1/12 line taking off for one big reason:
- Inart will want to keep to the high quality they are building a name for, which at 1/12 scale would probably be more expensive than 1/6 and will thus put off 1/12 collectors who on average are conditioned to spend less.
I remember those 1/12 Soap Studio TDK vehicles and figures. They were pricy and I haven't heard of this company recently.

Yeah, once you’re willing to spend a certain amount on a collectible, you just automatically graduate to larger products because they can capture more fine details.

I went from mainline Transformers to the Masterpiece line, ToyBiz, Marvel Legends, and Black Series to Mafex, SHF, DamToys, and Mezco, then, once the price of a 6 inch figure was basically half that of a 12 inch, it just made sense to fully transition to 1:6 where the increase in quality and detail is exponentially greater than the scale and price increase.

Then I got accustomed to HT quality and prices and started picking up statues and custom figures- now InArt are hitting the sweet spot for excellence at a manageable scale and tolerable price.

I don’t foresee people like me downsizing because the quality of 1:12 simply can’t match 1:6 and I won’t be picking up any one-off figures because they’ll eventually be made in the scale of my preference later.
IA just have to be smart and not price their smaller figure too highly.
Competing with Mezco shouldn’t actually be that difficult as those figures are really quite crude, lacking in sculpted detail and paint and the proportions are way too chunky.

1:12 Vehicles may be where it’s at though…

I suspect the white outfit was picked for Dany because of the base body.

She's their first female character, so whatever tooling their investing I imagine they'll want to be able to reuse.

Most of Dany's outfits have exposed sleeves, which means they'd need to develop seamless arms or more. Maybe their pipeline isn't calling for anything which would use that.

So it basically is the white outfit or the season 7 black one. InArt is all about their craftsmanship, and the white one is just more...extravagant? Lets them flex a little more.

This is a Queen bust but....ohhhh babyy that InArt T-800 is gonna be here REALLL soon.

1696051612566.png

I wonder if they would go full leather on a T-800. Would that qualify it as a Platinum?

Untitled-1.jpg

carnival + joker + bathroom

(i noticed carnival has his lab coat on when he drops his gun at the children's hospital)

im gonna go crazy lol but so far i can tell some areas need work j just from this teaser, specifically the tailoring just judging by the buttons

Back