Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A minimum $1000 price has been mandated by the license holder from the very beginning for Joker merchandise.

Whether it’s limited edition remains to be seen. The price should do a good enough job of limiting the sales numbers.

Woah. I did not know this, that's pretty insane.

Probably closer to $1300-$1500 if they're doing 3 full figures with base/dioramas. There's no way they're NOT including the stairs and chair set since just about every statue company has done that, including Queens themselves.

mmjk-01s_a10.jpg
Screenshot2020-10-26at8.24.41PM_960x.png

Yeah, once you’re willing to spend a certain amount on a collectible, you just automatically graduate to larger products because they can capture more fine details.

I went from mainline Transformers to the Masterpiece line, ToyBiz, Marvel Legends, and Black Series to Mafex, SHF, DamToys, and Mezco, then, once the price of a 6 inch figure was basically half that of a 12 inch, it just made sense to fully transition to 1:6 where the increase in quality and detail is exponentially greater than the scale and price increase.

Then I got accustomed to HT quality and prices and started picking up statues and custom figures- now InArt are hitting the sweet spot for excellence at a manageable scale and tolerable price.

I don’t foresee people like me downsizing because the quality of 1:12 simply can’t match 1:6 and I won’t be picking up any one-off figures because they’ll eventually be made in the scale of my preference later.
IA just have to be smart and not price their smaller figure too highly.
Competing with Mezco shouldn’t actually be that difficult as those figures are really quite crude, lacking in sculpted detail and paint and the proportions are way too chunky.

1:12 Vehicles may be where it’s at though…
Id much rather have 1/12 than 1/6th any day of the week

I don't find 1/12 with soft goods works as well. Looking at Mezco, they look pudgy because the fabric adds width and looks disproportionate to the figure's height. You lose that muscle definition on spandex costumes unless they're able to do what HT does, soft foam/rubber defined muscles under the fabric, at a smaller scale. For it to look decent, I would think at minimum, it has to be 1/10 or 1/9 scale.

Tell me it can’t be done well…….

Tell me it can’t be done well…….

It can't be done well.

Bruce sculpt looks like a pinhead compared to Joker's head. The small Bruce head makes the whole torso bulky and unproportioned when the TDK suit is quite slimming in fit. I have nothing against 1/12. I have a bunch of mafex, shf, figmas. I just don't think it works well with soft goods or clothing.

i wonder what todays teaser will be. Maybe afleck batman? They have been posted at around 11am uk time.
I'd be surprised if there was much more for this one but would love to be surprised. Probably one of the biggest convention they've had in terms of new prototypes/teasers being shown.

Reeves Superman
Reeves Clark Kent
1/12 TDK
GoT Daenerys
The Hobbit Thorin
Harris Dumbledore
The Joker (Double/Triple Pack)

I'd be surprised if there was much more for this one but would love to be surprised. Probably one of the biggest conventions they've had in terms of new prototypes/teasers being shown.

Reeves Superman
Reeves Clark Kent
1/12 TDK
GoT Daenerys
The Hobbit Thorin
Harris Dumbledore
The Joker (Double/Triple Pack)
just because they have been giving us a countdown teaser last few days, feels like they will finish off with the 1 day to go teaser.

hopefully maybe leak pictures like last time. im itching. cant say I've seen myself be this excited for a release in awhile
Maybe in the morning which would be around late night on the 1st (US time). Cause the last photos I saw were from 1-2 hour ago and they were still building the actual sets. InArt is basically setting up a mini museum for this convention...should have some great stuff

1696149626996.png

Glad to see it appears they will have good lighting and glass setup. Big improvement from last years small acrylic boxes with low lighting.

Back