Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my two cents, but I'd come out of the gate firing to catch collectors attention. Start with the big time TDK Joker and have it ready to ship.
Or they could offer a character that hasn't already been done hundreds of times in 1/6 or statue form? I can understand the LOTR stuff because Asmus hasn't nailed their production quality yet, but Hot Toys has done plenty of good with this character.

Be nice to see characters that don't normally get the 1/6 treatment. Or if they do revisit the "classics," they should pick characters that could really be improved upon.

Statues are one thing, but 1:6 figures is another.

I believe too many easily make a presumption the transition from statues to 1:6 figures is easy and seamless.

It's not.

Two similar, but totally different and unique offerings.
true, but Queen Studios has actually produced many licensed products already vs Molecule8 who was unknown, yet saying they were going to do great things. Queen Studios has already made great things even in 1/6 scale, just 1/6 scale statues instead of figures. However, their 1/6 Cop Joker statue has fabric clothing, so they have experience in scaling down one of their larger pieces to something smaller. The difference will be putting it on a working, articulated body with swap-out hands. I don't think it's fair to compare them to Molecuel8 just yet though I agree in the wait and see approach. Last I heard they only have regional licenses and don't distribute in the US.

Or they could offer a character that hasn't already been done hundreds of times in 1/6 or statue form? I can understand the LOTR stuff because Asmus hasn't nailed their production quality yet, but Hot Toys has done plenty of good with this character.

Be nice to see characters that don't normally get the 1/6 treatment. Or if they do revisit the "classics," they should pick characters that could really be improved upon.
Agreed. Seems like everyone has to do a TDK Joker. I guess you do what sells.

I honestly haven't been blown away by previous LOTR figures, so there is some potential there.

Clearly, anything under the WB, who owns New Line Cinema, umbrella is what they are working with. A Hardy Mad Max would be cool. Maybe some can finally get their Shazam. :lol

DC is making a big comeback this year so perhaps now is a good time to start a 1/6th line.

We’ll see… 500+ figures
I'm still on track to get (mostly, 90%) out of the 1/6 game by 2025. These are getting numerous and expensive. Pandemic has made the industry worse...war-hungry nations like Russia or China will make cost and shipping even worse still. Hot Toys already pushing up on $300 U.S. for figures.

I'm still on track to get (mostly, 90%) out of the 1/6 game by 2025. These are getting numerous and expensive. Pandemic has made the industry worse...war-hungry nations like Russia or China will make cost and shipping even worse still. Hot Toys already pushing up on $300 U.S. for figures.
Yup, time to get super choosy on what I buy. $300 for a standard figure is becoming too much.

When it comes to pricing it's the result of collector willingly paying the MSRP set by the brands/manufacturers.

The consistent issue with that is a brand/manufacturer produces a mediocre/**** offering for the MSRP and collectors gripe about the final production design and quality and still buy/pay for a mediocre/**** offering.

That kind of mentality only reinforces the brand/manufacturer to continue such knowing it'll still sell.

So for all the complaints about $300.00 HT figure and $150.00 to $250.00 figures that used to be $150.00 or less, we only have ourselves to blame for buying/supporting inferior design and quality figures along to continuing to pay more for what is available.

If the **** and non-**** figures did not sell because collectors realized they're not worth it, then perhaps the brands/manufacturers will realize it, but they don't because there are others who'll continue to pay without question.

If InArt/Queen Studios really want to make a big splash they should try and find a way to keep costs down instead of driving them up.

If they can achieve somewhat low prices along with quality releases and relatively quick turnaround times they may give Hot Toys some serious competition.

Otherwise if they go the route of being higher priced I feel like they may flounder a bit. Some people will purchase, but most of us are already feeling prices are too high.

I mean a lot of it also stems from Hot Toys being the top dog of the 1/6 figure business for a long time (arguably still are). They have more or less had a monopoly on the 1/6 figure business for quite some time. They still do in a lot of cases.

What company right now matches or exceeds their quality in both prototype AND production? A lot of people still say "I rather buy a Hot Toys figure instead of Threezero/Asmus/StarAce/Sideshow." or any other third party company in question. Or I rather wait for Hot Toys to do a version of it before buying it.

This then results in people buying a overpriced figure even if it's not up to the quality it should be. Why? Because there's no other option. Say I REALLY want a 1/6 Ash figure right now from the Evil Dead. What are my options?

A. Don't buy it at all and just never have it in my collection
B. Spend $300+ on Asmus mediocre figure

Most people will pick B and even if you pick A, the vast majority isn't gonna do the same. Take Sideshow for example. You're the biggest Clint Eastwood out there. You're getting into the 1/6 figure hobby now. Oh look at that, Sideshow and ONLY Sideshow is making a bunch of Clint Eastwood figures but oh no...you start reading peoples opinion on them and how overpriced/downgrade their production quality is. What are your options here?

A. Don't buy it at all and give up
B. Pony up the money and buy Sideshows overpriced $300 figure
C. Go the custom route and spend $1000-$2000.

A lot of people will go with option B. There's really not much to blame here when it comes to prices other than companies not stepping up to the plate to go against Hot Toys. They have been sitting on their throne for well over a decade now. It's great that JND and QueenStudio are trying to step in. There's zero reason to think that it's bad news.

Sure Queen Studio or JND might produce high priced figures but maybe they can bring something new and fresh to the board for the price that they ask. I don't see anything wrong with that. Maybe them stepping up will put heat on all the other 1/6 figure companies to do better. Competition breeds effort and that's what we need.

The companies I have problems with the most are Sideshow, Star Ace and Asmus. Companies who overprice their figures and show little to no improvement in their production quality. At least Asmus communicates with their fans and shows signs that they want to do better but they're still a mess in a lot of areas. Sideshow and Star Ace has done nothing but continue jacking up prices while not improving jack ****. In some cases, they've even downgraded over the years.

But again, what exactly can you do when they produce figures and characters that people want? The only option is have other companies come in and do the same licenses and character. More options = better for us collectors/consumers.

Last edited:
Sure Queen Studio or JND might produce high priced figures but maybe they can bring something new and fresh to the board for the price that they ask. I don't see anything wrong with that. Maybe them stepping up will put heat on all the other 1/6 figure companies to do better. Competition breeds effort and that's what we need.

:exactly:

If InArt/Queen Studios really want to make a big splash they should try and find a way to keep costs down instead of driving them up.

If they can achieve somewhat low prices along with quality releases and relatively quick turnaround times they may give Hot Toys some serious competition.

Otherwise if they go the route of being higher priced I feel like they may flounder a bit. Some people will purchase, but most of us are already feeling prices are too high.

I agree on this. If they're going to re-hash stuff it either has to be beyond fantastic or at a great price.

I can't believe every single one of the properties they teased doesn't have an exclusive license. We've been hearing for years how Hot Toys has some license exclusivity that prevents competitors.

Like I just can't believe nobody else in the industry has tried to do a Heath Ledger Joker figure of all things if it was just a license up for grabs.

Viper Gandalf the white 1/6 scale with rooted hair & beard. Viper is leading that team.

CB768B32-31CD-4B1B-BD5C-738327517981.jpeg

Last edited:
That's right they did. So then Viper joined Inart/Queen for this line is how I understand it.

I'm all for superior final consistent production design and quality in hand, but that too have a price tolerance. In the same token, I will not willingly pay for inconsistent and dismal to mediocre final production design and quality in hand (i.e., Asmus) that so many have repeatedly done throughout the years that only reinforces the mindset that brands like them use to charge more for the same and/or less because collectors willingly pay them for such.

Back