Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--

Asmus: "How dare they make the same characters we do and do it better when we have collectors who have long willingly paid us moderate to high prices for our dismal and mediocre design and quality!"
Viper didn’t have the license so Asmus were within their rights

--

The point is Asmus wants to keep charging high price for dismal mediocrity instead of allowing a competitor licensed or not to make the same thing at a higher design and quality for the same or higher price.
That Viper figure was very expensive, so it would have wanted to be of a high quality for the price. Many collectors wouldn’t have been able to afford the Viper offering anyway.

With Viper leading the new partnership, hopefully the quality will be there for whatever price point they end up being.

View attachment 565709
Nazgul
Gandalf
Legolas
TDK Joker
Paul Atreides
Neo

Whoa.

OFpPbVC.gif

What does that mean for HT and a possible 3.0?

Does this mean HT no longer can make a TDK Joker?

Or perhaps, this will push HT to not only to reissue the DX11, but instead to make a brand new updated 3.0 version?

😆

That Viper figure was very expensive, so it would have wanted to be of a high quality for the price. Many collectors wouldn’t have been able to afford the Viper offering anyway.

With Viper leading the new partnership, hopefully the quality will be there for whatever price point they end up being.
--

I'll continue to drive my Hyundai Santa Fe instead of an Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, etc.

OFpPbVC.gif

Or perhaps, this will push HT to not only to reissue the DX11, but instead to make a brand new updated 3.0 version?

😆

Either they lost the license for it, Queen has a regional thing for it or they both have the license for it.

Regardless, I don't think Hot Toys can do better job than them. Queen already did a better job on the likeness with their very first Joker statue, which they'll probably just shrink down for their 1/6 version.

How many tries have Hot Toys had at Ledgers Joker now? 4? 5? I've lost count.

mxtxqPR.png
hiq55ja.png

8dec1447-068d-4524-914c-50ad446189ec_2000x.jpg

OFpPbVC.gif

😆

I'm convinced HT are already scrambling to throw a 3.0 together because of this.

HT deserves a kick in the ass after that horrible Peacemaker thing.

Either they lost the license for it, Queen has a regional thing for it or they both have the license for it.

Regardless, I don't think Hot Toys can do better job than them. Queen already did a better job on the likeness with their very first Joker statue, which they'll probably just shrink down for their 1/6 version.

How many tries have Hot Toys had at Ledgers Joker now? 4? 5? I've lost count.

mxtxqPR.png
hiq55ja.png

8dec1447-068d-4524-914c-50ad446189ec_2000x.jpg

From my understanding is they lost or gave up the 1:6 rights to TDK awhile ago now. That's why they only have 1:6 TDKR and 1:4 Joker.

Either way, with this announcement I wouldn't even waste my money on a 3.0 from HT. Going Queen Studios all the way.

Same with any further Asmus LOTR. There's a new player in town. Came to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And they are all out of Bubble Gum.

Multiple companies can have a license. Sideshow and HT both have the Star Wars license, and Sideshow also makes Marvel figures albeit comic boom based.

We need multiple companies to have the same licenses, otherwise we get things like that Peacemaker because they just get lazy.
Sideshow has the North American license for those licenses. HT has the Asian license.

So not sure what license Queen has if Asmus has the Asian license to Lord of the Rings unless they indeed lost it.

Sideshow has the North American license for those licenses. HT has the Asian license.

So not sure what license Queen has if Asmus has the Asian license to Lord of the Rings unless they indeed lost it.
Maybe the lord of the rings figures won‘t be released before the end of 2023 and that’s when Asmus license Ends

Back