Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losing.... interest... in.... a.....................

fall asleep gif.gif

Last edited:
Michael Jackson, well that's a bit out of the blue, but I know the guy is massive in Asia so I'm not surprised. Really not sure whether I'd want a hyper-realistic Jacko sitting on my shelf tbh, then again I actually think it would be quite cool and unique.

B284C480-7C05-48CD-88C4-22ED40027AE8.gif

I do agree though. Not sure I want a realistic Peter Pan figure staring at me all day.

View attachment 603965

I do agree though. Not sure I want a realistic Peter Pan figure staring at me all day.
I’m just looking at it from the point of view of supporting a unique release, like that of a musical artist, so it shows that we want more. It makes a very refreshing change from superhero and fantasy film characters quite honestly. I’d love Elvis, The Beatles, Bowie, Dylan etc. and there’d surely be a market out there for those sort of releases. For that reason alone I’d probably pick up an IA Jacko.

As for the man himself, it’s hard to know what to think of him as there’s always so many contrasting stories out there, but he still goes down in history as one of the greatest musicians and entertainers of all time. That said a South Park Mr. Jefferson to display next to it would be hilarious 😂

While on unique figures, an IA Bruce Lee has to be nailed on in the next year or two.

I’m just looking at it from the point of view of supporting a unique release, like that of a musical artist, so it shows that we want more. It makes a very refreshing change from superhero and fantasy film characters quite honestly. I’d love Elvis, The Beatles, Bowie, Dylan etc. and there’d surely be a market out there for those sort of releases. For that reason alone I’d probably pick up an IA Jacko.

As for the man himself, it’s hard to know what to think of him as there’s always so many contrasting stories out there, but he still goes down in history as one of the greatest musicians and entertainers of all time. That said a South Park Mr. Jefferson to display next to it would be hilarious 😂

While on unique figures, an IA Bruce Lee has to be nailed on in the next year or two.
If they every do something like The Beatles I think that would be how I get my mom into collecting 😂.

Man, a Bruce Lee would be an instant preorder for me.

Michael Jackson, well that's a bit out of the blue, but I know the guy is massive in Asia so I'm not surprised. Really not sure whether I'd want a hyper-realistic Jacko sitting on my shelf tbh, then again I actually think it would be quite cool and unique. That opens up the possibility of other musicians. An InArt Elvis would be awesome.
They’ll nail the skin texture for the Michael Jackson figure no doubt! They are both made from plastic after all 😂

I'm in for DUNC, Matrix 2/3 Neo, maybe a FB3 Jude Law & Mads Mikkelsen (I probably wouldn't be able to wing them with everything else though). They should go and do a RotK Aragorn too. I'll keep hope for a Sauron, but... No real interest in GoT stuff, but HotD figures would tempt me. Also, "DC Comics"? Probably comic-based Batman stuff again, but I'd grab some Lanterns or Vertigo stuff considering we're never gonna get those GL movies...

I was honestly expecting them to go after something like Terminator or Witcher. MJ's pretty random.

Last edited:
I have to admit that i have a really hard time coming up with an idea of a holy grail figure i want them to make.

I was never really into idolism. I sure liked some actors some bands some movies from the 80s 90s and early 2000 especially, but which figures that arent done to death (indy, arnold) are really on my must have list?

My favourite movie of all time is Alien. Iam still not sure i need a 500 dollar ripley on my shelf.

I love super mario, zelda and some arpgs like diablo2 baldurs gate, but you cant really make 1/6 chars out of them.

Witcher...done ro death

I think i will stay with some lotr chars and also some game of thrones from inart and be done. My main focus is medieval and fantasy anyway.

I have always excited of the Batman Returns Penguin that Hot Toys announced back in Feb 18, 2012 (10 years ago). I remember looking forward to seeing an actual Penguin sculpt but this never happened. Back then the DX would have been $230 tops. Today Gandalf will be $700 CAN+. Basically there really isn't a figure I think I would pay over $400 CAN for anymore. Can I afford it? Hell yeah not an issue. The question is will I allow myself to pay that much.

No one is talking about is the potential here for the smaller shops like TimeWalker. Imagine if they can source directly from InArt and skip Sideshow dictating terms and prices !

That would be huge for them. Probably why the Sideshow hired goons were in Vegas being negative about InArt.

I'm sure Justin has suggested this to inArt, and would be a good move imo.

Doesn't affect me as I'm not in the US, but I'd be happy if the other shops could freely sell these figures without the tyrrany of the Empire......I mean Sideshow.

No one is talking about is the potential here for the smaller shops like TimeWalker. Imagine if they can source directly from InArt and skip Sideshow dictating terms and prices !

That would be huge for them. Probably why the Sideshow hired goons were in Vegas being negative about InArt.

Doesn't affect me as I'm not in the US, but I'd be happy if the other shops could freely sell these figures without the tyrrany of the Empire......I mean Sideshow.
Very interesting take, you may well be on to something there. I’m wondering if Hot Toys themselves are also putting a bit of pressure on Sideshow not to take on InArt figures.

Very interesting take, you may well be on to something there. I’m wondering if Hot Toys themselves are also putting a bit of pressure on Sideshow not to take on InArt figures.
Possible. But if I know Sideshow they will do anything in their power to keep the money coming in and maintain their position in the US.

With some luck InArt will go to their smaller shops and then people can then support them.

Excellent points. I hadn't thought of that. Cutting out the middle-man and going straight to the shops selling their products.

At the same time, offering serious competition to HT and all entities tied to it.

I have a feeling we will ALL want a Paul Atreides after Dune 2.

Sure, I get any actor or director will pump the film. But it sounds really good.

Dune deserves a full line. Not one figure by one company or that other line from an unknown company.

Sixth scale producers are afraid to veer outside the safe space of comic book and Star Wars movies nowadays. It really makes me appreciate companies like Exo 6, Iconiq Studios, and even Sideshow for not churning out Iron Men or Pit Droids.

Back