Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek the Next Generation TNG Worf and Data !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be better if they straightened his neck out so he didn't look so slumped over and hunching.

As it is, he has that look that a drunk person gets when you are trying to explain something very important to them and they are desperately trying to hold their stuff together.

Worf.jpg

The first thing I noticed are:

1. The shape of the mouth and the lips. Michael Dorn has very full lips and the figure's lips are too thin and shaped incorrectly.

2. The nose is off. The curvature of the nostrils and the shape of the nose need to be adjusted.

3. The eyes: Worf's character is defined in part by his eyes (Worf always has a proverbial fire in his eyes and sometimes looks downright angry or extremely concerned about everything going on around him). The eyes probably need to be a bit closer to the bridge of his nose, slightly wider, and the size of the pupils adjusted.

4. The brow and forehead shape needs to be adjusted. The ridges are very prominent and the prototype is lacking this a bit.

5. Worf's hair. If QMx is going to go with rooted hair, then the hair needs to be able to easily cover the ears as we don't usually see most of Worf's ears.

6. The moustache on Worf is quite long and usually hangs over the rest of his beard.

7. Body height and shape. Worf is four inches taller than Picard and Data. He also has broad shoulders and a heavier set upper body...this is a Klingon warrior with a prominent stature!

8. The uniform. The uniform shirt should fit more snuggly on him due to his muscles as much as you can get away with without sacrificing articulation...you know everyone is going to pose him with his bat'leth.

Super excited for all three. Like already stated, the suits are a bit loose, Worf needs to be stockier/taller, and the final Data paint needs a lot of work like they did with Mal from Firefly.

I think we still need some real, official pics of these figures before we can do any proper comparisons. It's a bit hard to judge much from some blurry SDCC shots, other than just to say the likenesses look off.

I will say Worf looks like he has potential, once you give him fuller lips, more accurate sculpted hair (that actually hides his ears!), and beef up the body considerably.

The Data likeness though just looks far too generic at the moment, from what I can see.

You guys gotta go with sculpted hair on Worf. It's just not working I'm afraid.

Doing the soccer mom bob is the logical choice if you can't engineer the ponytail in a way that's soft enough not to kinder posing.

Really love looking at all the photos of these upcoming Trek figures. I just wonder if we're a good 1-2 years off from any actual releases. You'd think I would have learned to be patient by now, considering that I've been in this hobby for years.

Nope. :rotfl

What I want to know(as I'm a huge next gen fan, moreso than the original series), is who is going to be made after Data and Worf? I vote for Troi :)

Also is there a timetable for these other than TBD?

I think they look pretty great. There does seem to be something SLIGHTLY off in these pics, but honestly that could be a case of some blurriness and bad lighting. There is something vaguely "hard" about Data's stare versus the more curious look I'd like. But it certainly looks like him. I'm not sure what's throwing me off of Worf. It might partially be the hair. But I like them a lot overall. The uniforms look very nice to me.

Data doesn't look at all good in those pictures. I'll reserve judgement until official photos, like with Picard.

I can see Brent in there.....just. but it looks like someone has given him a dark wash. It's the sleepless nights Data! it doesn't seem to have the 'sheen' it should. But to be fair, absolutely no Data figure to date has managed to accurately reproduce that make up.

Lighting maybe ?

I wonder if theyll do Geordi and Riker. Only 2 main bridge officers MIA.

Lighting maybe ?

I wonder if theyll do Geordi and Riker. Only 2 main bridge officers MIA.

Also Tasha Yar and Wesley Crusher, and Miles O'Brien on occasion. Deanna Troy was also frequently on the bridge as the producers tried to shove that character down our throat (I'm not a huge fan of Troy's stories unless they involve her mother).
Of those, I really want Yar and I'd only get Crusher and Troy in their Starfleet Uniforms from later in the series or Troy from the movies. For O'Brien, I'd want him from DS9.

Back