QMX The Nun 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was in a Sideshow newsletter with a look at the second head, Sideshow will be caring this and it looks like it will go on sale at QMX any day now!
1125x682_previewbanner_QMXNun.jpg

Up for pre-order on Sideshow now, and it actually looks pretty good. I have no experience with QMX, are the final products decent quality and live up to the prototype?

Up for pre-order on Sideshow now, and it actually looks pretty good. I have no experience with QMX, are the final products decent quality and live up to the prototype?

If they're handled like the Star Trek figures than yes, what you see is what you'll get. I have all their Trek figures and have never been disappointed.

Sad that this can be announced a few months ago and already be up for PO yet other figs that QMx has shown at repeated SDCCs can't even get a PO, even with complimentary figures from the series already released by them. Thread is barely 3 pages......apparently this is what everyone has been clamoring for.

I didn't like either The Conjuring movie and haven't seen the Nun, but I kinda want this because it reminds me of Marilyn Manson. :lol

"The Beautiful People, The Beautiful People, Ahhhh"
the-nun-sixth-scale-figure-quantum-mechanix-904089-02.jpg

I'm digging it quite a bit. I already have the Iron Studios mini statue on pre-order, this would be a nice addition to that. Be fun to do a diorama with the Nun and add some single-light source lighting to emphasize the demon head.

I am not sure if this is worth £210! I would love a 1/6 Nun with 2 heads but this is pricey.
Might need to stick with NECA version which will be smaller and no real clothes or 2 heads.

An interesting figure, even for the amateur. My theology is a bit rickety, but it's interesting that a demon can tolerate a cross -- does the film elaborate?

I'm not familiar with the films, I looked in as I came across the name Valak. I happen to know a snippet about Valac (Ualac, Volac). The film-makers did not invent him. He was a demon in the old texts. According to Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft after the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum of Weyer we have:

''Valac [Volac] is a great president [of Hell], and commeth abroad with angels wings like a boie [boy], riding on a twoheaded dragon, he perfectlie answereth of treasure hidden, and where serpents may be seene, which he delivereth into the conjurors hands, void of anie force or strength, and hath dominion over thirtie legions of divels.''

Whether that is of any great help, or simply proves I am a know-all, I'm not sure!

Back