QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't even get half the TNG crew. **** sake. That Picard could have been better in the sculpt department. It had been beaten by a Hasbro figure twice this year.

As of today, this is the best I can do about those hopes and wishes.
18c4c9528002fd16bf5619510be7e9fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I think I saw gee Whiz customs advertise some uniforms they had made for someone. They will at least have the pattern.

Interesting!
Anyone knows whether the fabrics gee whiz use match the QMx TOS fabrics, I mean is the red female tunic of the same red shade as QMx Scotty and the science female tunic the same as Spock? Judging from the colors on facebook the female yellow tunic seems not to match Kirk's "gold" tunic.
Thanx for any info on that important matter.

Interesting!
Anyone knows whether the fabrics gee whiz use match the QMx TOS fabrics, I mean is the red female tunic of the same red shade as QMx Scotty and the science female tunic the same as Spock? Judging from the colors on facebook the female yellow tunic seems not to match Kirk's "gold" tunic.
They are a bit too rich for my means. I'll have to look elsewhere

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

250 US$ for the uniform, but you have to provide the insignia & rank braids and ship the body you are using so they can tailor it exactly to the figure for another $85!

Interesting!
Geewhiz did an amazing S1 S2 TNG uniform.

It is reasonable or him to charge USD 250 for that piece (I think is cheap) S5 and beyond should be something around USD 200.

The S1S2 uniforms would need minimum 20 hours of work not including sourcing fabric. The selecrion of fabric is the hardest, most difficult, with Uncontrollable timing part for a skilled tailor, not to mention, he had to source for Black fabric. (They hate pure black and pure white color fabrics)

250 US$ for the uniform, but you have to provide the insignia & rank braids and ship the body you are using so they can tailor it exactly to the figure for another $85!

And a 6 % handling fee on top!
And you have to wait 4- 6 month, perhaps because they ship the item to a low salary country to have the commission fixed.

I understand that tailoring mini dresses is delicate but I am not considering spending that much on having a dress tailored.

Do they sell sewing patterns? Or is it just the downsized pattern from the Star trek manual?

And you have to wait 4- 6 month, perhaps because they ship the item to a low salary country to have the commission fixed.

I understand that tailoring mini dresses is delicate but I am not considering spending that much on having a dress tailored.

Do they sell sewing patterns? Or is it just the downsized pattern from the Star trek manual?
Is not just pattern. If it is i don't have to source for tailors because ALL trek uniforms have available patterns.

The needles, threads, skills, and even techniques are all different from their 1/1 counterpart.

My family has 70 years of textile manufacturing experiences, and we produced name brand clothing in China, Bangkok and Vietnam. None of the prototyper could do a TNG uniform.

Gee Whiz do amazing work for the really obsessive fan but sourcing the extras and sending the body is a pain. I have commissioned my first TMP uniform from unleashed viper customs hopefully the fit will be OK. Badge buckles and epaulettes come with the commission.

TOS badges are available from one sixth scale king although I think you have to contact them directly as their website isn't working properly.

The selecrion of fabric is the hardest, most difficult, with Uncontrollable timing part for a skilled tailor, not to mention, he had to source for Black fabric. (They hate pure black and pure white color fabrics)

I know what you are talking about.

It took me 3 month to source, find, get samples and select to find all over the world the proper fabrics for the Klingon TOS male and female uniforms.

I know what you are talking about.

It took me 3 month to source, find, get samples and select to find all over the world the proper fabrics for the Klingon TOS male and female uniforms.

Then imagine this. A mall that has 2000 fabric stores. I thought this was wonderful but it wasn?t. I kind of drown in all the possible selections. The more options I had, the higher possibilities for me to lose track of where i found the correct fabric... more often than not, I ended up starting again from Store Numer One.

I gave up on this. I let the tailor do all this hard work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then imagine this. A mall that has 2000 fabric stores. I thought this was wonderful but it wasn?t. I kind of drown in all the possible selections. The more options I had, the higher possibilities for me to lose track of where i found the correct fabric... more often than not, I ended up starting again from Store Numer One.

I gave up on this. I let the tailor do all this hard work.

I rarely come to China to browse 2000 fabric dealers so I was limited to a web research which turned off very satisfying. I'll share the result here very soon.

They have a long wait and high price because they're a small bespoke shop with a queue of custom commisions. They're not mass producing the same outfit in large batches.

I've done a few figure's outfits through them, but they are center pieces, not supporting cast members. I've always been satisfied, but I understand not wanting to spend bespoke level dollars on an extra character that's going to stand behind Kirk & Spock.

Doubtful they'd sell you their pattern, as that would undercut their business.

TOS badges are available from one sixth scale king although I think you have to contact them directly as their website isn't working properly.
One Six Scale King offer some TOS badges, some are quite good like the Commodore Decker's Brezel, some aren`'t like captain Tracy's Exeter badge. I was trying to order the Enterprise badges but I found it difficult to contact 16SK , so I do not know how they (the badges) look in hand.

I find the female TOS tunics Gee Whiz do are way too long. They do full arm length sleeves which is ok to cover the wrist articulation. But you cannot calculate the same distance from the end of the sleeve to the skirt seam 'cause in TOS the sleeves were shorter and so are the skirts.

koloth-neu.jpg
[/url] bb onsite jobs[/IMG]

I'd like to share my Koloth with you. Unfortunately my mobile phone camera is not able to show the colors properly, also the perspective is blurred. His hair is not silver as aren't his pants, the pants are gold mesh, also the top is more gold and shiny than on the pic. Nothing is lacking, even the rank insignia buttons and the buckle are present. Should see it in hand.

koloth-neu.jpg

I'd like to share my Koloth with you. Unfortunately my mobile phone camera is not able to show the colors properly, also the perspective is blurred. His hair is not silver as aren't his pants, the pants are gold mesh, also the top is more gold and shiny than on the pic. Nothing is lacking, even the rank insignia buttons and the buckle are present. Should see it in hand.

That looks awesome!

I ordered and received some TOS badges from One Sixth Scale King last week. The website seemed to work well for me, maybe it's fixed now? I'm very happy with them.

koloth-neu.jpg

Great figure! Those sparkly fabrics must be hard to replicate in 1/6th scale.

Tom

I ordered and received some TOS badges from One Sixth Scale King last week. The website seemed to work well for me, maybe it's fixed now? I'm very happy with them.

Are you happy with the badges, which did you order? The Enterprise star fleet Delta?

Back