QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me if this was covered at some point, but is there a list of the definitive changes between the V1 and V2 Kirk & Spock figures? I have the V1s, but I saw a picture of the V2 Spock that surprised me and appeared to have much better paint apps?

I also am interested in getting more info, especially side by side pictures, on the V1 and V2 comparisons. I suspect this already exists in this thread but search is not very useful here anymore.

The followings did not change:
Base heads.
Plastic parts such as phasers, comm, tri,

The following changed:
Paintup
Bodies (2mm narrower than Coomodel bodies)l, less muscular)
Uniforms (due to new bodies and other improvements)

2016 release was done by experienced workers and technicians. Done with different specialized factories (head paint up, cut and sew, plastic etc,)

2019 release was done by first time involved workers and newly trained technicians. 75% were done in-house.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

The followings did not change:
Base heads.
Plastic parts such as phasers, comm, tri,

The following changed:
Paintup
Bodies (2mm narrower than Coomodel bodies)l, less muscular)
Uniforms (due to new bodies and other improvements)

2016 release was done by experienced workers and technicians. Done with different specialized factories (head paint up, cut and sew, plastic etc,)

2019 release was done by first time involved workers and newly trained technicians. 75% were done in-house.

That's interesting. What were the improvements in your opinion?

Isn’t it supposed to be better bodies, some improvements to the outfits, the rank braids being sewn in rather than plastic, and repainted head sculpts?

With the apparent improvements made to Kirk/Spock v2 I wonder if those changes/improvements were incorporated into subsequent releases and if not, would those figures be good candidates for v2 themselves. Sorry if this has been previously covered. I suppose I don't understand the reticence towards these figures by QMx.

The improvements I believe were made with the Scotty and Sulu releases, and subsequently passed along to the V2 Kirk and Spock releases. McCoy is the standout who didn’t get the improvements, which I find odd but seemingly is due to Nanjin’s departure from QMX.

The improvements I believe were made with the Scotty and Sulu releases, and subsequently passed along to the V2 Kirk and Spock releases. McCoy is the standout who didn’t get the improvements, which I find odd but seemingly is due to Nanjin’s departure from QMX.

I lost track of the board for awhile. I was not aware he left QMx. It appears that's the deathknell for their Star Trek line.

Once and for all,

I did all developments on my own, and ask for reimbursements if the company decided to produce any.

No one tell me to improve any **** at all because they thought the Trek figures were beyond most people's expectation.

I think they were pissed at me because I said I was very discourage for not able to produce the quality that Trek supposed to have. (I still dont see Trek is at anything close to 50% of what I intended., miles away.

I know you guys dont like this, as a developer, I actually feel shame of not able to produce what you paid for with USD180. Is ****ing ridiculous to pay 180 for Trek. I expect a lot a lot more from a 180 trek.

I think my attitude killed Trek. But without this attitude there wouldnt be ant Trek....

Go ask them what's the differences between 2016 and 2019. They supposed to know it well.

Sorry dudes, when there are no Trek figures for me to work on, I start acting like a woman with menstrual pain.

I lost track of the board for awhile. I was not aware he left QMx. It appears that's the deathknell for their Star Trek line.

It’s pretty much the death knell for ALL of their 1/6 figures, including Princess Bride, Supernatural — and, of course, the long-dead Firefly.

Once and for all,

Sorry dudes, when there are no Trek figures for me to work on, I start acting like a woman with menstrual pain.

:lol Understandable. Sorry to hear how it all shook loose w/QMx. I feel like reaching out to them and letting them know, repeatedly, how disappointing their handling of Trek has turned out; so much left on the table. Then you see Star Ace pumping out crap plastic for the Harry Potter license and Asmus attempting higher end LotR figures (with hit or miss results) and Trek is high and dry.

So you own all those kick ass Star Trek head sculpts we saw but QMX never produced?
Yup. I own them all,.including everything that supposed to be used to produce twok and TNG. I owe all the hardware (diecast rank pins, real stitched braids) The actual production of twok would make all the shown twok protos look like toys (except old khan)

[emoji38] Understandable. Sorry to hear how it all shook loose w/QMx. I feel like reaching out to them and letting them know, repeatedly, how disappointing their handling of Trek has turned out; so much left on the table. Then you see Star Ace pumping out crap plastic for the Harry Potter license and Asmus attempting higher end LotR figures (with hit or miss results) and Trek is high and dry.
Trek has 4 pricing if under my lead.

Amazing pieces: twok
Basic
Bare bones
Special Small Quantity Release

Wo'la all fan covered with different price points.

I dont even need to worry if Wesley sold 30 because I can factor him in across the entire TNG line. We'll, the line continues even we hit a brick wall.

Are they making more? They asked on Twitter a month ago. I want figures from TNG and Voyager.
We can kiss anything 1/6 trek goodbye because it's own limitation and what's happening in the world right now!

No company dare to go into Trek before and why will they dare to tackle 1/6 Trek after virus had intercourse with the world economy? This applies to the production sector too.

I can dare to say. Only I can do Trek under all these circumstances in the entire Sector One including the Mirror Universe.

Yup. I own them all,.including everything that supposed to be used to produce twok and TNG. I owe all the hardware (diecast rank pins, real stitched braids) The actual production of twok would make all the shown twok protos look like toys (except old khan)

Well it's nice to know all that stuff is with it's rightful owner at least, and not locked away in some forgotten closet at QMX. Lol

Hey Nanjin,

Now that you don’t work for Qmx anymore, and if this isn’t secret information you can’t divulge, what happened with Sulu’s head?

Why was it tweaked?

Actor’s request?

Qmx’s request?

Your request?

Hey Nanjin,

Now that you don?t work for Qmx anymore, and if this isn?t secret information you can?t divulge, what happened with Sulu?s head?

Why was it tweaked?

Actor?s request?

Qmx?s request?

Your request?
The 1st Sulu that was shown was in 2016. I called him ?Junky Sulu?

In 2018 Nov, I started producing Sulu in Nov and received authorization to do so but at my own money and my own risk.

Because QMx already showing signs of failing (believing failing route of failing companies were good way of doing 1/6), I need to reshape the Trek line.

I purposely made less Sulu, so I can modify the Friends behavior.

HQ did most of the adjustment of the sculpts that I brought along with me when I was hired.

When the 3D sculpt arrived, I noticed it was changed. (I assumed we were using junky Sulu)

The time was tight, I need to start on the head mold, and I never seen the updated Sulu in my entire life so I said to them I had no time to print, cast, paint, send to US for approval.... so I said to them I didnt have time to examine Sulu. ?You tell me if it is good.? They said yes. So this is the background story for Sulu.

I purposely make less Sulu to correct QMx mistakes. Their mistakes on Scotty would kill Trek. I was doing EVERYTHING I could to make sure the line would move on....

Making less Sulu was a smart move. I was accused to make a mistake of making less Sulu.

Why was it tweaked?
All sculpts supposed to be updated before production with talents approval. But I didnt know Sulu became a smiling Sulu before it was too late.

As of today, I dont know who's decision. (I dont waste time.to find out useless info when everything already became facts)

Back