QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another distributor, who themselves aren't happy with the way they have been treated by QMX. agreeing to deliver an amount then renaging.You were lucky with sideshow as a bigger distributor with greater pull.

Nanjin is more enthusiastic about Chapel than Chekov but I'm hopeful we'll get both next year.
Which I don't understand. I barely consider her part of the crew, certainly Chekov should come first. If he wants to honor her with a figure then do it with Mama Troi, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been collecting only for a few years and these kinds of delays seem to crop up on 90% of releases and fans get upset every time. Isn't doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result the definition of insanity? I suppose we have to be nuts to start collecting in the first place.

I was wondering when your response would come Pauln6a. I am used to delays as a collector, what I am not used to is them supplying via drip feeding the goods in small amounts to some smaller but non the less respected European distributors. I am used to waiting for production runs to be started then delayed, but not having been started then half delivered braking faith with distributors then touting more on the way. But thank you for your insight into my insanity status.

I was wondering when your response would come. U am used to delays as a collector, what I as m not used to us them supplying the goods in small amounts to distributors. I am used to waiting for production runs to be started not having been started then half delivered braking faith with distributors. But thank you for your insight into my insanity status.

You're welcome. :)

I have no idea when my Sulu is coming but I'm not holding my breath. I do agree that the delays don't bode well for many more releases this year, which is a shame. I'm still hopeful that Uhura will show up this year though.

Modulated Body developed by Polaris Collectible for Trek figures.

Looking good!
9ffdf7635acd2fa6d1fc0e6bb3467b83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
did I understand that there will no longer be a new kirk and spock? I thought 2.0 or some such thing was in the works. It's now gone?

Modulated Body developed by Polaris Collectible for Trek figures.

Looking good!
9ffdf7635acd2fa6d1fc0e6bb3467b83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I am not interested in TOS figs, and I am waiting for TWOK. BUT looking at this body, and reading Mr. Nanjin's enthused "Looking good!" really worries me.
Am I the only one that finds that:

1) Head-body proportion is off. Head too big.

2) Body build too skinny for these guys while arms are too muscular. Partially fixable with fatsuit, but those abs showing through the fabric do not contribute to a realistic vibe.

3) Legs too long, too skinny (waist too: no ass?).

4) I might be missing something else, which I can't put my finger on yet.

And please, don't get all pissy on me just yet. I am just trying to contribute useful insight, not to derail anything or frustrate anyone or condemn anybody's efforts. I now ask for the same from you folks.
RfC
m.

I am not interested in TOS figs, and I am waiting for TWOK. BUT looking at this body, and reading Mr. Nanjin's enthused "Looking good!" really worries me.
Am I the only one that finds that:

1) Head-body proportion is off. Head too big.

2) Body build too skinny for these guys while arms are too muscular. Partially fixable with fatsuit, but those abs showing through the fabric do not contribute to a realistic vibe.

3) Legs too long, too skinny (waist too: no ass?).

4) I might be missing something else, which I can't put my finger on yet.

And please, don't get all pissy on me just yet. I am just trying to contribute useful insight, not to derail anything or frustrate anyone or condemn anybody's efforts. I now ask for the same from you folks.
RfC
m.

The heads and hands a slightly oversized on all the QMX Trek figures, which you only notice when standing them next to other brands. It's a stylistic choice I think.

Back