QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lighting makes an INSANE amount of difference. If Nanjin compared the fabrics, I'm sure it's going to be fine. From the close-ups we can see i's a twill weave fabric - that's something I didn't realize was used on the show (twill is the same type of weave used on denim).

I have to admit that those photos make the figure look better. Not perfect (ive always been on the "make the figure look as it appeared to the audience" side of that debate) but better.

But what about the lack of the two prominent stich lines going down the shirt that divide the chest into thirds. Those should definitely be there.

I'm also not a huge fan of awkwardly cramming the four rank insignia into a singular piece.

Last edited:
Those pictures are also old. The cut of the uniform has been adjusted since those photos were taken. The uniform seen at SDCC is the same color, but an improved pattern.

Forget the pictures. I was pointing out what Nanjin said, more than anything.

Those pictures are also old. The cut of the uniform has been adjusted since those photos were taken. The uniform seen at SDCC is the same color, but an improved pattern.

The photos posted over the past month (Gzod and shadow's) are all from SDCC.

I have to admit that those photos make the figure look better. Not perfect (ive always been on the "make the figure look as it appeared to the audience" side of that debate) but better.

But what about the lack of the two prominent stich lines going down the shirt that divide the chest into thirds. Those should definitely be there.

I'm also not a huge fan of awkwardly cramming the four rank insignia into a singular piece.

The front divider cutting only showed up in one season (Season 3 or 4). The rank pins can be separated and to be in screen accurate size, but because of the pins thickness, it will be easily "push" off. We can do the pins individually by really pinned on the collar, but with this type production, labor hours will be really long. QC will waste a lot of unacceptable stock too because mistakes are unavoidable. Any of the above solutions will add another $20+ to the final cost. These are the trade off.

Last edited:
The color looks fine to me. Much as I love the blu-rays, I think they made the uniforms look a lot more red than they probably should have, and the burgundy color to me feels much more accurate to what it really was.

Nanjin, you don't have to justify anything. These are amazing. Thanks for all your hard work.

"Developed by Trek fans for Trek fans" is how we approach the Trek figures developments. Explaining how they come into being is good too. For example, if we do the command red according to "my" HDTV screen caps (tv screen accurate), they will look bright red in pictures and certain time of the day, the red will look very odd (something you never seen in TNG). However, by using the original "Set Accurate color, you will like having 2 uniforms, set accurate in the morning and screen accurate at night (household lights), and which is an one stone two birds solution.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not the only fan who likes 1/6 and Voyager. :lol Seven of Nine, at least.

I would do janeway and 7/9. The rest, not interested.

But DS9 and TNG I would buy the whole crew.

I'm probably the only oddball who would like them to go into Enterprise after about a 100 TOS/TWOK deluge of figures

The front divider cutting only showed up in one season (Season 3 or 4). The rank pins can be separated and to be in screen accurate size, but because of the pins thickness, it will be easily "push" off. We can do the pins individually by really pinned on the collar, but with this type production, labor hours will be really long. QC will waste a lot of unacceptable stock too because mistakes are unavoidable. Any of the above solutions will add another $20+ to the final cost. These are the trade off.

All fair points. Thank you for the response. I can always go back and replace the rank buttons myself with nail heads or something.

I have to know though, are there any plans for Battlestar Galactica figures at some point? I've been wanting an Adama on my shelf for years. *fingers crossed*

Rank pips are very hard to space accurately and attach firmly to cloth. I lost half of the ones I 3D printed in finally getting them on Sisko and Dax's collars.

"Developed by Trek fans for Trek fans" is how we approach the Trek figures developments. Explaining how they come into being is good too. For example, if we do the command red according to "my" HDTV screen caps (tv screen accurate), they will look bright red in pictures and certain time of the day, the red will look very odd (something you never seen in TNG). However, by using the original "Set Accurate color, you will like having 2 uniforms, set accurate in the morning and screen accurate at night (household lights), and which is an one stone two birds solution.

I appreciate your willingness to accept constructive criticism and acknowledge there are trade offs. If this were still your personal projects, being more reticent in criticism is just polite, but as licensed releases, that need to please people far beyond the board, it makes sense being more critical.

As for the colour, hopefully it is burgundy under natural light, because casual photographs both this year and last at SDCC made it look like a pale magenta.

People who want prop-accurate uniforms can always collect uniforms. Since sewing at scale is even harder than normal tailoring, it's nice to get screen-accurate figures.

Back